1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CLIFF FISHING - Poles, Flying Gaffs And General Info

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by rizla, Dec 11, 2008.

1. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Re: cliff fishing

cliff fishing looks great fun and i may have to find out mre and try it some time

2. kirkby lad

kirkby lad New Member

definitely got to sit and watch a few times before attempting, rob you are joking about abseiling down, aren't you?

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

me, andycod and glassback put a rope down about 200 metres to the south of where that picture is taken :surprise: Its cut off by water at both ends so you don't have much option but to come up it once down. It was quite difficult at the bottom section and not long after there was a rock fall right next to it. We dubbed it the "rope of no hope" after little success and binned it. It has since had a rock fall on the other side of it too :death:

4. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

ive never fished the cliffs at bempton or flambrough, hope to make it
    next year

5. robq

robq Rockling

No not kidding mate !! As Ray says there are some very steep access points around there :scared:

guess you are on about Gull nook Ray ?? I have fancied a look down there as the options look better than staple nook ?

Thay do need the right gear and a head for heights however !!

A few pics of bemmo access

Staple
    [​IMG]

gull nook
    [​IMG]

6. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

:scare: :scare: :scare: :scare: i have gone dizzy just looking at them pics

7. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

you won,t be disapointed it,s a fantasic venue for many reasons.

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Rob isn t joking......before anyone slates the pics....all done by choice with or without safety gear....the freedom to choose and feel alive is all part of it :yes: :yes:

Plus even the missus goes down some of the cliff descents....beats losing fish after 200 ft of hard work winding em to lose one to the cliff face.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    a recce to see if Staple still 'do-able'........it wasn't !
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the descent is in the background.
    [​IMG]

stopping for a rest to take in the surroundings
    [​IMG]

Worm can just be seen top centre !
    [​IMG]

The fishing can be great though...makes the heart pounding worth it ! :yes: :yes:
    [​IMG]

I m with Rob ...the tops can be good but standing on the edge of 300+ ft cliffs can be a little intimidating to say the least......going down some of the get downs isn t everyones cup of tea and NOW we always use safety gear...our own good quality climbing ropes and descenders/ascenders to at least reduce the risks.

Cheers Jellyworm.

9. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Ive fished the tops many a time but! dont like em, and ive been down the bottom but walked on, thats bad enough

10. Mark

Mark Blenny

Frigging hell lads, i take my hat off to you,and no disrepect to any of you but your all mad! Talk about mountain goats.

11. lucy may

lucy may Blenny

Great pics I hope when I'm seventy I dont look back and say I wished I'd tried it! I'll stick to boating below them but I take my hat off to those that do.

dave

12. Dav

Dav Rockling

Ide be wary of fishing off the tops , but i do know when the fishing is slow fishing off the bottoms , just turn around and enjoy the views , stunning springs to mind , sunglasses are a definet..... :yes: :yes:

13. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

And they say Bigcliff is mad fishing the tops :scare: :scare: :scare: Promise you won't be getting any ideas for new marks at the Mull Al please :cry: :cry: Respect to you guys who fish down there and as you say no-one forces anyone to fish where they don't want to.

14. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

nothing but admiration for you lads, but it does beg mr to ask the question why do some people think we are nutters for
    fishing from cliff tops, just makes me shake my head, some great pics there

15. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Just love that picture of Rob

[​IMG]

16. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

That face was a mixture of exhaustion and relief Glenn, after watching him dangling 200ft on the end of the rope with a good 120ft of descent left , a stark realisation that the particular get down was no longer possible at least not without some new pins further down and more ropes !
    Still there is always another day ....lol

17. carpyken

carpyken New Member

still looking for a picture of that bl**dy arch but came across this fantastic thread by Rob & Jellyworm :happy:

18. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Bloody nutters

19. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I wish the rock had fished better this winter....I ve really missed the adrenalin fix of a quick zip down the ropes on the figure of 8 descender. Roll on the first crab moult at least the ascents are easier in a summer with less gear on.

Happy memories of a few knee trembling moments........the real mountain goat is the Easington cliff Hobit though....fearless lil devil that he is !

20. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Are these any good Ken, it's called Staple Newk, but I like "That Bloody Arch" as well rather catching

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]