1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing Tackle circular hooks

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by codseeker, Dec 17, 2015.

1. codseeker

codseeker Blenny

Was thinking of giving these hooks a go, anyone got any info, re size used shore fishing for cod etc.Also are the ok to use with worm seems strange not shoving worm straight up hook shank onto snood.
    Any info appreciated . ........ smudger.

2. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

• Like Like x 1
  3. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great review and very informative.

I have been using circles as a top Pennel, and am quite pleased with results thus far.
    I had been using a main Aberdeen, but i am going to be giving these a shot -
    uk-hooks-The Match fisherman's secret weapon
    - in 5/0, as my main hook.

Like a few guys, the lack of shaft in a regular circle concerned me, but I hope these Aberdeen Circles combined with a top Pennel Circle will do well.
    One major advantage I see is that a fish grabbing bait won't feel a hook point before swimming away.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. rdngd

rdngd Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

The best thing to do with circle hooks is nothing they were made to work when the fisherman was not even there. Often on my boat in the Florida Keys I send the angler to the otherside of the boat and let the rod holder do the work and 9 times out of 10 its fish ON !!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. codseeker

codseeker Blenny

Thanks for feedback lads

6. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

varivas patterns from veals very reliable,sharp n very strong hooks,i use a bmx on the bottom then a circle as the top hook.