1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chinese braid

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bibo, Dec 6, 2012.

1. bibo

bibo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Heard a few things about this stuff as iam going for the long rod and fixed spool reel just wanted to know which one people are using and if it's really that good compared to whiplash or power pro for example

2. robq

robq Rockling

Its not as thin or as tight a weave as power pro or whiplash for the same breaking strain.

However it is good value at around a third of the price :yes:

I have dropped down to the 40lb stuff and tried the 30lb too which is comparable to the power pro 50lb stuff and its fine :happy:

I know some lads say that the diameter doesnt matter, but to me its one of the big advantages of using braid :yes:

3. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

Use it all the time on boats but some lads on pier the other day swore Whiplash was the best. One lad was using the same line after three seasons. 50lb and he had a 100 lb braid shockleader. Looked effective.
    I am seriously thinking of getting some gear. Penn affinity 16 footer but are not cheap.

4. robq

robq Rockling

If looked after its worth investing in the better quality thinner stuff :yes:

I have some 50lb power pro on one spool thats on its 3 rd season !! that works out at £8 per season :yes: thats cheaper than using mono !!

However I use the chinese stuff on bemmo with the alvey as you can lose a bit up there !! and I dont use it for white water, shallow water fishing or when there is alot of weed kicking about :no:

5. cod.ling1973

cod.ling1973 I will cast more than 100 yards one day :-)

I use china braid on my multipliers and caught my 17lb wopper with it, me personally i think its great stuff i havent lost half as much end tackle since i converted and it seems to cast great, touch wood no birdies as of yet!!!!

John

6. Biker Jake

Biker Jake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

its good for the price, however its alot thicker than the UK stuff

7. idge

idge Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I have used whiplash and the Chinese stuff. Whiplash is better and after using it I would say that it is worth the price. I agree that you don't lose much gear but you do need a pair of leather gloves to wrap the line round if you do get fast. That is if you are using 60lb breaking strain like I do. The Chinese braid is ok and I found lower diameter by searching against "spectra braid" on eBay.

Hope this helps.

Ian

8. Mike

Mike Blenny

I ordered some 40lb 300m only £7.50 spectra braid from china, had it be4 and I like this stuff. ( just waiting for it to come )

9. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Think it was crabadabado put the link on for this power pro i got a spool of 50lb to try was sound so i bought another & 2 30lb & 2 20lb had no problems with it 280728484861Item number

10. Mop The Hoople 2

Mop The Hoople 2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QUALITY-FISHING-BRAID-100-DYNEEMA-1000M-Moss-Green-/290640037477?pt=AU_Fishing_Clothing&var=&hash=item8962c3e5a0#ht_500wt_1361

have a look here, Matty (silver Fox ) reccomended this seller to me.

used on boat & shore reels, no complaints for price.

good service, order back in 7 days.

11. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Power pro is the dog's,make no mistake but i find it just a tad expensive (for me that is),iv'e tried load's of different chinese make's and they are all good value,but this one for me any way comes out top.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spectra-Braid-Fishing-Line-300YD-80LB-0-40mm-Moss-Green-/121033396357?pt=UK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item1c2e271085

12. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

I use the spectra braid on all my hire gear, and at £5 per fill is cheaper than decent mono. we get virtually no birds nests and lose less end gear and its better for the anglers to experience fishing with decent kit and get feel for eveything. well worth the money in my eyes. since switching over to it we have last half a spool of braid in 2 months with with 12 rods and reels. when using mono we were continuously refilling reels.

13. I am just getting into the Chinese braid and have a variety of stengths, I also bought one spool of Spiderwire both are good

Key things for me are the extra 'feel' compared to Mono and also less birdnests

Cheers

U

14. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

I Use chinese braid all the time when im common skate fishing up in scotland i use the 80lbs yellow and never had any problems with it a 1000m spool costs about £25 and can take 14 days to arrive and it can drag 208lbs fish up from 430ft of water
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Mike

Mike Blenny

I once bought some 40lb Ultima Power Braid BUT never again it's too thick, look at the photos other line is 25lb Maxima !
    Now I always buy it from china. (ebay)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. steamerbait

steamerbait Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Over the years I,ve had a lot of braid from china and can,t fault it. You need to bear in mind there are two types floating and sinking.
    The sinking braid is always thicker.
    General example Sinking 50LB 0.36mm
    Floating 50LB 0.26mm