1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap braid?

Discussion in 'Sea Angling Classified Ads' started by MandolinBanjo, Jul 15, 2014.

1. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Anyone have any? I think I may struggle to get some from china in time so thought I'd ask around, will be using from a boat…anyone?
    Cheers
    Marcus

2. bow1

bow1 Rockling

Jve an unused spool I garage mate.not sure of diameter of breaki g strai n though.think it may be 50 pr 60 lb

3. bucko

bucko New Member

Got a spool of 50lb here...its had one fill taken off and put back on so theres pleny there....yours for a fiver!

4. Sadung

Sadung Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

20 quid I got 1500 metres chinese stuff worked well on the boatoday over ruff ground 20 cod put 10 back

Attached Files:

5. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

[/quote] 20 quid I got 1500 metres chinese stuff worked well on the boatoday over ruff ground 20 cod put 10 back
    [/quote]

That was some depth you were fishing over....... did you use a leader as well ? :p

Roger

6. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Really sorry for the late reply guys, I watched it for a bit but missed these replies; my braid turned up so sorted. Thanks for getting in touch, really appreciate it. If anyone would post to me in Leeds I could do a balance transfer on good faith… how much would it be?

7. Sadung

Sadung Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

20 quid I got 1500 metres chinese stuff worked well on the boatoday over ruff ground 20 cod put 10 back
    [/quote]

That was some depth you were fishing over....... did you use a leader as well ? :p

Roger
    [/quote] 200 feet no leader ,80 lb braid 40 rigs or flowing trace christened new rod

Attached Files:

8. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Roger

[/quote] 200 feet no leader ,80 lb braid 40 rigs or flowing trace christened new rod
    [/quote]

It was supposed to be a joke ! ......... ( 1500 meters ) ....... :D Glad it worked out ok for you,did you find the braid was a bit thick, I had some 70 lb from China and it was like rope , so I always use Chinese Powerpro now.

That rod is one of Stan Masseys, isnt it, verrrrry nice too..

Roger.

9. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Nice set up you have there buddy