1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

century raptor (blue x2

Discussion in 'Sea Angling Classified Ads' started by 16979arkle, Nov 26, 2011.

1. 16979arkle

16979arkle Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hi have for sale 2 blue raptors good condition ,better than the ttr

2. sinker

sinker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thats your opinion is it lol ttr stands for total tournement raptor :laugh:so how is the raptor a better rod :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

3. 16979arkle

they were called raptors then came along the tt raptor :educated:

4. sinker

i no m8 but how do you come to the conclusion that the raptor is better than the tt raptor :wink:has the raptor casted more than 300yrds i dont think so :no: :no:centry stated the ttr was the best ever rod they made :wink:

5. robq

robq Rockling

The original raptors were fantastic rods !!

The only reason they havnt cast more than 300 yards is because nobody used them at steyning in the right conditions !!

You are talking crap !! Are you a tournament caster ??

I suspect not :whatever: :whatever:

Is the only measure of a good rod in your opinon a rod that has done the 300 yards ??

6. woody

woody New Member

well said rob

7. THE OUTCAST

THE OUTCAST Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

ask baz blakeman how many raptors he bust rob when you next see him
    green and blue ones

8. sinker

and who are you to tell me that im talking crap !! Are you a tournament caster ??
    we are just disscusing the two rods m8 then you have to but in and come up with some thing like that get a life if you got something to say to me pm me m8 and not on an open forum :angry:

9. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

robq IS a tounament caster and a very good angler he`s not very good at casting cos he can only do 250+ yards ha ha and he knows his rods and im sure he will pm you so sit tight you might just lean something regards Alain

10. sinker

as britany spears says oopsss ive did it a gain.im no tourney caster but learning the cast at the mo i dont want this to be a slagging match .we were disscusing the two rods then people come in and saying im talking crap may be but why put it on an open forum. :wink:

11. robq

robq Rockling

perhaps the " talking crap" bit was a bit OTT !!

I do hear a lot of rubbish talked about rods though !!

IMO the original raptor was a far more fishable rod then the TTR :yes:

The TTR is a great tournament rod for those that can bend them but for most people they are just too much and will hinder their casting and fishing.

I see you are looking to swap one for a zeteque for the same reason ?

The zeteque is even more powerful then the TTR so you may be dissapointed !! the m427 is around the same power as a TTR just in a different way

12. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

:baby:

13. ted_stickle

ted_stickle Blenny

One mans rod is another mans rupture :hurt:

14. woody

woody New Member

still for sale gary ?

15. 16979arkle

16. stiffmeister2

stiffmeister2 Hooked On Bass

Actually the rods hold the same name the century RAPTOR but infact are two totally different rods the blue raptor was the top of the century range by a square mile and lighter than the new ttrs but even since the ttr came out after the raptor it was green and 14 feet long thaqt is totally different than the big danny ttr and then the other 333 lts edition is different than the this years raptor ttr which is a full carbon blank and is so powerful and wont let you cast with a small drop you need a long drop and a nice progressive wind it up cast otherwise it will snap your arm in half or the tip could get damaged. In my opinion you cant compair the blue raptor and the 2011 raqptor they only hold the same name not the genetics they are differenmt rods and only hold the RAPTOR name as its the top rod that century recognise as their rolls royce of all rods simple as so stop arguing lol just think of them as different rods with the only thing in common is the name but personally i like the blue raptor over the ttr raptor as its better for rock fishing and the raptor i have just got i can only say that i used it 3 times and its brutal but is totally different in the tip because one has a corbon glass mix and the other had a 100% carbon tip so is going to feel different but again ill use them as two total different rods :cool: :yes: :yes: :yes:

17. kencoddy

kencoddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

lol the lads trying 2 sell them if u dont want them dont waste his time with pointless crap

18. stiffmeister2

stiffmeister2 Hooked On Bass

Yeh i agree they are brilliant rods and top of the century tree they are still brilliant tools and would sell by the dozen in the tackle shops if they released them again. I know when i used to be up and down the coast all the big match lads like westmoorland and all the cod anglers raved about the blue raptor and if they did not have one and you turned up with one they thought you must have been a lottery winner due to the limited ammount. I asked century if they could make me one off the old manderels that they made the raptors on and it was a no no no no answer lol i offeret simon silly money for just a blank and would not entertain me because he said no one would but the new ones if we started to sell the old ones again, So that tells you something lol

19. woody

woody New Member

lmfao gary what u wanting for them bud ? sound a good rod ,