1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ccockle Collecting Banned

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jul 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

2. Howard

Howard Blenny

I wonder why?
    Deadly Infection ?
    Radioactive ?
    Bored penpushers needing to be seen to be alive and ticking boxes ?
    More than likely the latter I suspect.

3. Davo

Davo Rockling

My mates eaten them from Bran Sands and reckon they are lovely.

4. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

If i am reading it right :suspious: i think it is only closed for two months,
    probably the breeding season, i may be wrong,

if it is ,it is no different from any closed season on any other species, IE freshwater course season , trout season , salmon, grouse ,pheasant , just thought i would chuck a spanner in :evil: :evil: :evil:

5. rizla

rizla Blenny

6. Tommy

Tommy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

http://www.neseafish.gov.uk/nesfc/news.htmlOn 28 June 2011, North Eastern Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority in exercise of the powers conferred upon it under section 157 of the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009 hereby makes the following emergency byelaw for the management of cockle stocks within the boundaries of Hartlepool Borough Council, Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council, Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council and adjacent area of sea.

The purpose of this byelaw is to provide protection to emerging cockle stocks in the Tees Mouth and Cleveland area and associated statutory environmental designations which are not covered through existing byelaw regulations. This emergency byelaw will be kept under review by North Eastern Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority and will either be replaced with a permanent byelaw no later than 12 months after commencement of the date of this byelaw, will be revoked, will be extended by 6 months or will expire.

7. Baramundi Bob

Are you a designated spokesperson for the new IFCA ? As someone who doesnt contribute angling posts/reports to the site, and with your past history of causing problems on various angling sites I would prefer it if NEIFCA sent information via their press office to my email address and not through their employees onto our forum.

8. Piscator

Piscator Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

The front page of the Evening Gazette had it that an unregulated Chinese gang was taking cockles from waters of indeterminate quality (Hartlepool area) and selling them via the back door to local restaurants.

That being the case, then quite why it should apply to cockles only eludes me.

Steve.

9. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I was just oing to o out and get myself some cockles for the coming cod season , drat it ------ Cockles are a much overlooked bait
    cod at times are very partial to them , if you are fishing lugworm in the winter tipping the bait off with cockles will very often give better
    results , as will white ragworm , I have had plenty of cod on them and have seen some amazing bags of cod taken on them , I saw an
    angler with 27 cod on them in one session

10. GJW

GJW Rockling

You been on them cockles again Alan?? I often over look them because they don't look that attractive as a bait to me, no lovely orange juices flowing from them but that certainly doesn't mean they are not effective and can be deadly at times, just like clams can be. Seen you mop up on clams when I couldn't buy a bite on crab. You are quite right a very over looked and underrated bait..

I hold my hands up and admit at times I have a one track mind regarding baits, should of learnt because more than once I have been taught a lesson, that crab is not always the answer.... :gum:

11. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I know I have told this story before but I remember the all england cod championship being won on Lugworm , My lugworm , but not by me , he took 12 cod so it was no lucky fluke , we all knew that crab was the bait to use --- The only
    thing nobody told the fish , so it only goes to show when you have it all worked out it turns round and bites you :yes:

12. Tommy

Tommy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I am not an employee of the NEIFCA. Or am I a spokesman of said authority. All I was trying to do was help with the post. But of course I forgot about your paranoia. Just bar me off your site, you shut any posts that aren’t to your way of thought anyway. It’s your forum. But don’t accuse me of being something that I am not. Also be careful what you say or accuse an authority of glen.
    Tommy.

13. Baramundi Bob

Same old twisted arse you were on anglers net with your cloaked threats, and as someone in a position of AUTHORITY you really should know better. Your press department are the people to speak on behalf of NEIFCA not you. Ill refer you to Martins post from last time you decided to play your silly games through our site.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=16734.msg147204#msg147204

Please dont reregister as your not welcome.

14. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

It has been coming for quite a while . . .

15. ndskinner

ndskinner Blenny

Tommy Jobsworth. :laugh: :laugh: