1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Casting at Kirkleatham

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Peeping John, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Peeping John

Peeping John Blenny

First casting event for the new NESA Casting club takes place this Sunday 22 nd July at Kirkleatham Show ground ( Redcar ).
    Casting should begin about 9 am through to about 4 /5 pm weather permitting, casting will be under UKSF rules.
    Hopefully some of you lads will be coming , anyone needing more info or directions either post on this site or PM or E-Mail me.
    C U there.

2. Peeping John

Peeping John Blenny

Although it's not in the rules Wellies could be an advantage to anyone casting on Sunday :) :)

3. arc

arc Blenny

Bump .

Anyone going ?

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Will be up to say hello ;)

5. Acko

Acko Rockling

I went it was a Good day I enjoyed it Thanks for all the help and advice lads It was all very helpfull and informative. I am looking forward to going again.
    It was a good Craic and good fun
    Cheers to Bob for setting me up with line and stuff. Thanks to all the lads for the help and advice.
    Thanks to Onslow and his Buddy for the lift home.
    Cheers lads it was a great day
    Acko

6. Dav

Dav Rockling

How far are we getting now then lads .. ;D.....

7. Baramundi Bob

Had a look up to the NESA casting event today. I didnt take my rod as I was fearful I would look crap next to the others but when I arrived I wished I had. A good set of lads all helping each other as I'm sure Acko who put around 80 yards onto his first cast will tell you. Good to see a couple of Whitby lads up there, Paul Isherwood and Onslo now both casting well over 200 yards although both with bad backs today ;). The next event is 19th August and hopefully I will have a go this time.

Peeping John who helped organise the event is going to forward me some more pics and the results which I will post as soon as they arrive. These are some pics I took today:

[​IMG]

Chopper sending one away

[​IMG]

Acko

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

;D...looks like ure ballet dancing there acko ;D ;D

9. Baramundi Bob

Acko did well and wasn't frightened off by the really big hitters. Full marks Acko ;) ;) :)

10. Dav

Dav Rockling

Ide like to know how the lad in the third from last pic managed to control that cast with all the power and swing he appears to be putting into that cast ,,,,,,must be a light rod either that od hes a strong bugga ;D

11. Acko

Acko Rockling

I was gonna say that Dav lol (About Ballet Dancing)
    I was curious to see how far I was actually casting, Thats why I had a go But once I got going and first broke the 100 yard target and 120 and 140 I was hooked.. I think If I keep at it and practice I might get up there with the big boys eventually?
    It was enjoyable and Theyre a sound bunch of blokes. I will be going again.

12. Peeping John

Peeping John Blenny

Glad you turned up yesterday Glenn and actually had a cast ( by the way that's £3.00 of line you owe me ;D ) Acko did brilliant with the distance he gained over the day and it's a certainty he will improve further still now he's broken the ice and got the bug.
    Jamie Blakeman aswell his 2nd comp and he did 242yds off the ground !
    By the way the " big hitters " had to stand on that oche for the first time once and know exactly what it's like. The same lads are also only too willing to pass on any knowledge they have to anyone asking for advice.
    First comp in the N.E. for at least 7yrs and we had in attendance 3 Sea Angler casting Instructors an England International and top caster Martin Watson a N.E. record holder. Things are looking good so if anyone thought about going and didn't you missed a good day, next comp is 19th August but I will post before then to confirm
    Must also say thanks to Will Powell for getting it all up and running again. :)

13. Steve

Steve Rockling

some of the brid lads are interested in going in the future.
    likes of geordie brown and jody lemm.
    does anyone know any of the dates of the next events

14. Peeping John

Peeping John Blenny

here they are,

July 22nd

August 19th

September 16th

October 14th

November 4th ( weather permiting )

Winter Break

March 23rd

any changes or cancellations i will post on this forum

Please check at least the day before prior travelling

Send me a pm or e-mail for any other info

15. Dav

Dav Rockling

I couldnt ressist it acko bud ,,, well done 0n the distance by the way thats a big hit ,,,, i wish i had the energy to get out on sun but i was out the night before and was sufferinmg all sunday :mad:...i,ll be aqt the next one , although im sure choper told me before they cast on there every thursday night ,, not sure for definetly though .....

16. arc

arc Blenny

Yes we do cast there every thursday night weather permitting ::) get your self along mate .

17. ham11

ham11 Guest

Steve Anderson 262-0-6 / 150gm
    Alan Varley 261-0-11 / 125gm
    Baz Blakeman 243-2-10 / 125gm
    Jamie Blakeman 242-1-4 / 150gm otg,pb & club record
    John Ward 242-0-5 / 150gm
    Dave Hammill 241-1-10 / 125gm
    Mark Smith 238-2-1 / 150gm
    Andy Hooper 231-0-6 / 150gm
    Bob Collins 228-0-0 / 125gm
    Ian Miles 227-2-10 / 125gm
    Will Powell 227-2-10 / 150gm
    Marcus Hammill 210-2-11 / 125gm
    Jason Earle 200-0-2 / 125gm
    Paul Atkinson 148 / 150gm pb
    Kyle Powell 108 / 50gm
    Howard Varley ncr
    Phil Darby ncr
    Paul Usherwood ncr
    Ian Armstrong ncr

distances in yards

This was our first event, of many to come.a good turnout of casters and new comers attended,of what seemed to be humid a dull overcast day .wind was 3-8mph sw for most of the day .Alan Varley set the pace with terrific cast of 261yds early on, hot on his heels was Steve Anderson,Alan stayed on top until Steve just crept ahead late on in the afternoon with great cast of 262yds. Jamie Blakeman showed us some top class casting and did extremly well achieving a pb of 242yds-150gm off the ground, and setting a new club record..Dave Hammill cast all wieghts and set some new club records too ;241-2-4/100gm, 222-0-0/75gm, 183-0-2/50gm and 223-1-10 on the 200gm, all on the same rod! Marcus Hammill also set a new back cast club record of 193-1-10 and newcomer Paul Atkinson went from 78yds in the morning ,after a little tuition from the lads achieved a respectable 148yds in the afternoon, well done.Veteran Martin Watson also attended,giving all of us a laugh and sharing with us his expert advice.Well done everyone who came.

18. chopper

chopper New Member

dav,3rd picture from last is lad that won the event.you are right though,he is big and strong!

19. Baramundi Bob

Pics taken by Peeping John

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Baramundi Bob