1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. codseeker

codseeker Blenny

How do people who use cart wings present them, cling film , mesh ?, mixed with other bait ?
    Do anglers actually remove cling film & just tie on other bait with bait elastic.?
    Any advice appreciated.

Paul S

2. robq

robq Rockling

If I get good quality firm cart wings I freeze them individually in clingfilm and cut them in halfs and whip them straight onto a bait minus the clingfilm :) almost like using edible peeler;)

3. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

4. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Hi mate. I wil be using wings for first time my self next week. I think they are much firmer than cart itself so I plan to wrap them well with elastic and thread on like a worm I will also be adding squid and worm at times

5. limpet

limpet Blenny

do you salt them before freezing rob ?

6. robq

robq Rockling

NO I don't salt mine :)

Just dry on newspaper for 20 mins or so to draw excess liquid out and then wrap nice and tight in clingfilm

7. limpet

limpet Blenny

a lot of lads salt them up here but i think it effects the quality of the coral, turning it hard almost like wine gums lol, ive switched back to normal cart for now but might try the wings again without salt, cheers

8. codseeker

codseeker Blenny

Cheers for the info lads.

Paul s