1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CART BAITS Finger Bandage Vs Armour mesh .... an update.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jellyworm, Dec 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I have had good success with just cling film - its easy to prepare, and you can puncture it as much or as little as you want to vary the amount of scent going out

2. martin

martin New Member

Whitby Angling selling cart in tea bags 90 pence a bag so u could us tea bags

3. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

bit expensive that like! i have used teabags and they do work but more hassle to prepare than clingfilm

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

I've tried various methods in my short time using cart but I do keep going back to finger bandage......it keep it together and allows the cart to seep out at a controlled and constant rate - and finger bandage only, removing any cling film skins etc prior to putting in the bandage. I'm with Quint on this one, i think of it as only an attractant much like feeder fishing in freshwater - but of course it will be taken as a bait too. I have never used it on its own, usully in conjunction with worm, squid and mussel baits.

Another thing I have learnt is prepare it totally at home, freeze it down, remove cling film etc and then get it in the finger bandage and back in the freezer - no need to knot the ends neither, a few whipping of elastic at either end when whipping it on the hook is all that is needed. Just pop it in a wide mouthed flask before you leave.

Another thing I have been thinking about is the way we hook it....I'm quite happy with whipping it on the back of a fully laden hook - my baits are sometimes the size of potatoe :happy: . But when we used to carp fish we would use small pva bags in conjunction with pellets etc and just knick these little bags of grub onto the hook and just leave them hanging - I wonder if it would be worth experimenting with our little sacks of cart in this way..

Ken

5. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

think i would want it firmly on the hook in case it got washed away in the tide if it came loose :surprise:

6. bucko

bucko New Member

I just drill five holes in the jar and strap it to an 8/0 hook with bailing twine (garlic flavour) :wink:
    [​IMG]

7. Maxie

Maxie New Member

i always use the wifes tights to wrap my cart baits but only after shes worn them for a few days :blindfold: seems to draw a few extra fish in like :surprise:

8. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

:laugh: