1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

carpyken catches 10lber

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by ian 07, Jun 2, 2009.

1. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

hot of the press just got of the phone from ken he caught a cod 10lb 2oz and 5 others i had 6 and my nephew had 3 pictures to follow
    cheers ian

2. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

that man does it again......well done ken

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

A 10lb what ?

4. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

:surprise: :surprise: that a fair old fish ken..

well done ian and to your nephew

5. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

ducky quint said if you ever want to go kayaking he will take you with him just give him a bell he kows all the best places he told ken where to go today

6. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

thanks. aiming to have a yak at the start of next mouth :cheesy:. thanks again and well done on your fish ian

7. newdave

newdave Guest

nice one Ken, that should wipe out the blues from Sunday :wink:, looking forward to seeing the pictures

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

Nice one ken ....

9. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

thats disgusting, a 10 pounder, is he sure it`s a cod, has it got any orange spots, :laugh: knowing Ken it`s probably only a salmon anyway. Get them pics up.

10. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thanks you lot :cheesy: .shattered, just got in and sorted.

Well its been a funny old day, launched with Buzz and Antony this afty from Robin Hoods Bay but it was really slow and the sea got up a bit, snotty and a very big swell. Buzz and Antony had a few fish but I really struggled, one small pollock of about a pound, that was it. Buzz said they were going in but I really wanted to stay out. Noticed a small boat a little way off and went to see how they were doing...

Met these two lads, Andy and Chris, fantastic guys, they were into a few fish and made me very welcome, I did a few drifts along side them and started to have a couple of fish.

[​IMG]

To be honest I was fishing like a noddy and should have had a fair few more fish, Had several cod in the three to four pound bracket and a ling, those two did 'very' well. :happy:

Anyway, spent the next couple of hours drifting and jigging shads, then got a thumping bite, really good scrap, eventually got this up to the side, nearly lost it as it tried to escape from the fish bag, only just grabbed it, I would have been so gutted. Put a rope through its gills, wasn't going to risk that again. Was actually 10lb 4oz back at home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To be honest its a great fish and a pb for me but bloody hell did some things go wrong today, my gps wont work cos I've mounted it too close to the fishfinder, I trashed my phone with a load more pics on it and the Dorado has took on a lot of water from somewhere. Happy but pissed off at the same time :crazy:

Thanks to Andy and Chris for making me so welcome fishing close by to them, really nice lads and hope to see you out there again soon.

Ken

11. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done Ken, lovely double!

12. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

hell of a fish ken :surprise: :yes: . sorry to hear that the yaks taking on water :sad: .
    hope you find the course of the water getting in.

well done on the bag of fish :yes:

13. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

i see you had to move the kitchen chairs to get it in the photo ken??? not boasting there are ya?? lol well done mate :)

14. phooey

phooey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice Cod Ken !

To think I ended up gardening yesterday..... ;P

15. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Nice fish Coddyken, lovely marking on her :happy:

16. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Well done Ken, you are on fire this year bud! Well pleased for you matey, it's a great feeling isn't it :cool: :cheesy: I met up with Benq yesterday but only fished for about 30mins due to the conditions getting a bit snotty.
    Looks like you may have the biggest fish of the month sorted as well :cool:

17. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

plenty of time left in June Sam for you to get your usual double :wink:

18. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thanks Sam, glad I can now join your club now :cheesy: . Gutted that I trashed my phone, have a couple of nice pics on it, it may come back on at some point. I wanted a nice pic when i landed but there was no bugger about...

Ye Matty, no doubt he will, we will know as we'll hear the chuckle from here... :cheesy:

19. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

take it the phone got a dunking??

20. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 Ken, yet another milestone/goal achieved....Well done fella...