1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car parking at Whitby at the moment

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Patterdale, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Patterdale

Patterdale New Member

Hi All,

A Few of our club lads were on the pier yesterday practising for our Club match there this Sunday.

They said Kyber pass and the top road above it was cordoned off and not accessable for parking.

Men on ropes working on cliff face or something like that

Does anyone know if thats going to be the case over the weekend, as we dont want to travel 35 miles and

find we can only park by the Railway Station.

we have a couple of lads who fish who can't walk that far, and i donr personnally fancy lumping my gear

all that way as well.

Cheers In Advance

Doug

2. hutchy

hutchy Whitby Fishing Forum, Simply The Best

try the carpark at the spar mate. its literaly next to the captain cook monument and whalebones. if not theres the other spar carpark just up the road and also the leisure centre carpark. im not 100% but i think there all free this time of year.

3. pmac

pmac Blenny

you could park on the west cliff and walk through the tunnel onto the river front .
    its not that far

4. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

I drove past where the lads working today parking should be ok either side of the lads who are working on cliff fall .

paul.

5. Patterdale

Patterdale New Member

Thanks lads for the replies

I think we will give it a go anyway

Cheers Doug