1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant Catch A Bass

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Had a few sessions recently with little success so I took a few pics instead.

Last week we were out on the yaks. I managed 1 bass and lost several off close to the yak. Mike also managed a bass. On both nights on the yak we filled up with other species though with Pollack to around 4 or 5 pound, coalies to 3lb and more mackerel than enough.

This week weve hit the shore in search of bass. Over several sessions the score so far, is Mike 1 bass. Dan 1 bass, Glenn cant buy a fish, and Damo is on the sylidge.

Anyway, I didnt have time for catching bass as I was too busy with the camera, well thats my excuse anyway.

Seems the southern softies are quiet too ? whats the score down there are you all blanking at Flamborough or are you all on radio silence in preparation for the bass match ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Oh well you can be let of this time for not catching any bass. But like you say you were to busy taking pictures and good ones as well.

Well done to Mike and Dan.

3. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Seems quite inconsistant Glenn, one or two caught but there's been a lot of blanks, at productive spots, I had 2 to 3lb Tuesday night at a new venue, but me and Glassback blanked at our favourite spot last night, which I admit had us scratching our heads, you naturally think of excuses, nets? too much swell? tides too big/small? but at the end of the day they simply weren't there

4. stonefish

stonefish Any fool can criticise , complain and most fool do

apparently frasithope is doing real well for bass at the moment
    i guy i know got a good few there the other day dont know wat size they were though probebly schoolies
    al

5. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

I have had 5 biggest 4lb1 but I have had a lot of blanks they don't seem to be there in numbers I think we could do with a settled spell there's loads of bait fish in the water

6. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

Same here, had 2 on Patchinkos about a fortnight ago and had chance of four, but have blanked the last 5 times in what looked to me sometimes perfect conditions.

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

well i may as well go and have a look as well, not many reports from my neck of the woods ,
    So i will go and have a look at North Gare around lunch time ,

any one fancy a look there give me a shout, may have a look in the surf with plugs or on the blocks as the tide pushes up,

the wife has the RAV 4 , so i will be in my suziki wagon R, :embarrass:,
    i usualy bump into John Willson over there a couple of times a year,

No not the one off the telly , this one is a REAL angler :cool:

8. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Awesome photos

9. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

Steady on Glenn my eyesight cant take such comments " YOU CANT BUY A FISH" We are all doomed if you of all people make such a comment. I am sure your fish drought will not last very long at all

10. glassback

glassback Blenny

ive had 6 now best was 4ib and the others were schoolies ,and as iain said its been very inconsistent .
    ive had as many blanks as fish .
    just hope we get a few like those what were down the beaches ,some cracking bass to double figures.

roll on the bass match just hope its nice and calm

11. j99oel

j99oel Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

had 2 last wknd, one a nice fish of around 4lbs, both stuffed to the gunnels with crab, anyone tried bait instead of lures???

12. WillW

WillW Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice pics Glenn, well done on the fish Mike!

Will

13. Tommy

Tommy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Absolutely fantastic photos. Superb silhouetted photography. Keep it up.
    Tommy.

14. derm

derm Blenny

Nice pics, I've just started plugging and not managed a fish yet, hopefully tonight....