1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canabis Law Change - Right Or Wrong ?

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by Baramundi Bob, May 7, 2008.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7386889.stm

The government are to reclasify Canabis - what's your thoughts ?

:happy:

2. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I dont think it will make any difference anyway to be honest, did anyone notice the difference when they relaxed the law? I think it,s people fannying around with words and laws to try and win favour. I,ve been to Amsterdam, on a culture holiday :whistle: and never saw any trouble and found the people very friendly especially in the cafe,s where I used to have a nice cup of tea and a slice of that lovely cake :ugly: What I did find strange though was, as soon as I came out everyone was staring at me and talking about me :suspious: . I think they must have read the Ravenscar article :cheesy:

3. Baramundi Bob

:laugh: :laugh:

Global Fame Ray. They were maybe after your crystals :laugh: :laugh:

4. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

The cheesey wotsits consumption will plummet again with the change ! :whistle:

5. bucko

bucko Guest

That explains this ahem, 'interesting' strain of local foliage then Ray :surprise: :wink:

[​IMG]

6. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

:surprise: Why is it staring at me :suspious:

7. warrior

warrior New Member

GET HIGH ON THE DRINK DONT NEED 2 SMOKE CR*P. :no: :no: :no:

8. fishergirl

fishergirl Blenny

cannabis is a drug, same as heroin and cocaine. may not be as bad but it still ruins peoples lives.

except alcohol. if they ever ban baileys there will be trouble... :wounded:

9. smokey

smokey Rockling

If everyone smoked weed instead of getting $hit faced on alcohol,there would be far less violence and problems on the street.Alcohol has more negative effects on peoples lives than weed ever will.You usually find the people who slate it are people who have never tried it,they just regurgitate the sh1te and propaganda they read in the daily rag.One big point of argument by the anti's is the damage it causes to peoples brains,ie schizophrenia,paranoia and the like when in all probability the ones who do suffer from these effects will do so which ever path in life they go down,they are weak minded depressive people.Like Ray said,you will not see any trouble in Amsterdam as most are wasted on weed,go to Blackpool on the p1ss on a weekend and see how much trouble there is.It's like the old saying,if you have never tried it,don't slate it and judge others otherwise you might be classed as narrow minded.. tight lines

10. Baramundi Bob

I am not against Cannabis use for those who can tolerate it and would agree with people who say that Alcohol leads to social and physical problems. The sad truth is that people dont know if they can tolerate cannabis and with stronger and stronger strains coming onto the market who knows what the end result can be. Speaking as someone who has worked 12 years in the mental health field I do worry about people and in particular young kids who are getting into drugs. One in 4 people will contract a mental health illnes within thier lifespan. Psychotic type illness could happen to you all regardless of how strong minded you believe yourself to be or how many years you have used cannabis for. You wouldnt wish that on anyone.

11. smokey

smokey Rockling

I totally agree on some of your points Glenn but you also used one of the all time favourite propaganda statements of the government,which in your field you will no doubt have had pushed on you.

"Stronger and Stronger Strains" or "Super Strength Skunk"...It's a load of ill founded b0llocks, weed is no stronger these days than it was in the 60's,if anything it's weaker nowadays and as for "Super Strength Skunk" if the government bothered in doing any research into strains of cannabis available,they would find that skunk is only 1 variety from 100's out there.I'm not condoneing breaking the law in any way,it's up to any individual to make up their mind,one mans joint is another mans pint and not for one minute am i suggesting that i would do it myself,i know lots who do and that's their choice.The only reason i defend this topic is the fact that people jump on the anti band wagon based on propaganda by the government printed in the daily papers... tight lines :ugly: :nerd: I'm sure that bass lure on the advert above is looking at me :whistle: :confused: :suspious: :suspious:

12. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

With regards to the law change it doesn't make a difference to the amount of people smoking it, I'm sure of that. Probably people aren't as likely to risk smoking it in public now.

On the mental health issue, it seriously does mess people up. I've watch a friend who I lived with have a complete mental breakdown due to the stuff.

Don't fully agree with this mate:

I think that he would never have gone the way he did without smoking Cannabis. I do however agree that some people are more susceptible to the adverse side effects than others, and also think that if he had applied the same amount of excess to alcohol he would have been in a spot of trouble as well.

In my opinion it's down to the person whether they like to smoke it and I have no problem with it at all. Lets face it, it's certainly not as life destroying as Heroin and Crack, it really annoys me when people make it out to be.

What are peoples opinions to coffeeshops opening in the UK? Obviously they're not but would you object to it or support the idea? The only problem I could find with them in Amsterdam is that I ended up spending about 5 times more than I needed to for my food afterwards :laugh:

13. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well as a x pot smoker, a very heavy pot smoker its done me no favours at all, dont get me wrong i have nothing against it, and i am happy to roll a joint for some one still (never smoke it, coming up 5 years since i smoked it), but it destroyed a part of my life,
    i was told by a few people that i was really changing and i did not think think so at all but i was very wrong. one morning i woke from my white widow sleep (which is not real sleep) did the normal kettle on, skin up and and watched the news then something happened, i went mad been scared, crying like a little kid, thinking things were getting me ect, so my other half phoned the doc and he came out and was close to getting a slap, so he called a doc out from cross lane hospital with some other people, and i was taken there for what i called questions. since that day i have never smoked it at all,
    i was told i have cannabis psychosis (sorry about the spelling) and was in shock to be truthful. then i was unable to sleep due to horrific night mares (laugh if you want but it was the worse time of my life) i would maybe sleep 1 hour max and i was going 18 days no sleep at all, my life was hell. but some people say i deserved it i probably did,
    and the best treatment i had was fishing and thats the truth :yes:
    the strengh of the cannabis out there are, i would say all about the same it depends how you smoke you i think more, some hit you fast others are slow,

john

14. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

It causes major social and domestic problems, everyone who denies this is naive and narrow minded. I mean I got in one night and devoured a whole family size strawberry cheesecake and applepie with a pot of cream :hungry: my mam went bollistick in the morning :scared:

15. Baramundi Bob

I aint an anti Smokey, far from it. Ive smoked plenty in my younger days although I wont touch it again, and I know plenty of friends who still do it, and my message is the same to them. Weak or strong, I do have a lot of experience of the long term effects that some people suffer. If your one of the ones who can get away with it then fair play to you. Obviously the nature of my job does not allow me to say anymore than generalised statements, but be warned the effects for some people are real, very severe, frightening and sometimes life long. Drug induced psychosis is not fun.

16. Fluffchucker

Fluffchucker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I spent 19 yrs working in M/H and would not want to do that again.
    Cannabis is good for some, boring for some, and devastating for some.
    Personally, I smoke sometimes, but only to stop me smiling, coz it makes me sing.

17. x-generator

x-generator New Member

Must agree with Glenn, Started on cannabis when I was younger, inspired me to try other stuff, took a tab of acid which turned out to be strychnnine!!! I was very ill but lucky to be alive as I vomited part of it up, this was all in minutes of taking it. After been taken to hospital it felt like I was wearing a hat on my head for 6 weeks with regular convulsions. The positive outcome is that I wouldn't touch anything it cured me of my curiosity of drugs at a very early age. I firmly believe cannabis smoking promotes curiosity of other drug fares. Great for those that can resist and will not have any psychological damage but can be devastating for those that do.

Mark