1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I have one of these next weekend please...!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Lindisfarne, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne New Member

Big tide today so after a few fruitless, very fast drifts for a Codling we decided to have a go at the Pollock. One of my banker marks came good on the first drift producing this nice fish.

[​IMG]

I thought it was around the 15lb mark to begin with as it put up a very spirited fight. Not to be though, when I weighed it ashore three hours later and it nudged the scales down to 12lb 8oz.

[​IMG]

I could do with one that size for next Saturday ........... :wink:

[​IMG]

We also had a few Mackerel and managed half a dozen small Codlings, all of which went back.

Neil.

2. newdave

newdave Guest

what a cracking fish, not sure if there are any that big hiding around the marine drive ?

well done neil, I reckon we will be having a trip up your way before the winter arrives

3. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

cracking pollack Neil, well done!

4. stephen

stephen Guest

Legend :yes:

5. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 fella, a quality catch mate......

6. carpyken

carpyken New Member

You jammy git lol, received your text while sat out on the yak this afty fruitlessly in pursuit of the same species

Thats a stonking pollock though mate

7. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Out of interest Neil, how and what did you catch it on? Been trying your method today with the firetails...

8. loz

loz Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Stonkin fish Neil

9. Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne New Member

Just a standard black body/ red tail, 6" fire tail. I must admit I'm set in my ways, some of the lads chop and change colours and paterons etc. I have faith in these and buy them in bulk, 50 at a time. I was trawing a reef paddling with the tide on a drop off that runs from 45' to 18' within 20 yds. The fish took me about 10' from the surface, as all the big ones seem to. The wee ones will hit you on the bottom but the big mamas seem to follow to the bitter end before hitting and running for cover at break neck speed.

This is the rig I use, except I now use 5/0 hooks as I was loosing a lot of fish on the smaller ones.......

[​IMG]

Neil.

10. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

no neil your not having one of them next saturday :laugh: :laugh:

well done cracking fish, and thanks for showing us the rig :yes: :yes:

11. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Those are the same firetails i use up the mull when fishing from the shore ,i personaly think they are unbeatable, :yes: Sure they dont last to long but at the price who cares,they do the job intended first rate , :cool: Harry

12. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Cracking fish Neil, very nice :cool:

13. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

same here harry they are awsome- at 1.50 for 15 they are a bargain

14. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

That's a fine pollock, well done cool cool

15. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

That's a great Pollack, nice report.