1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C Tug Kayak Trolley - Worth the money ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/c-tug-kayak-trolley.php

:)

What do people make of these or do you make your own ?

2. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Glenn, I find the Ctug invaluable....unlike quint worms ole shoulders don't enjoy lunking the yak up and down cliffs so for most of the sensible launch sites the trolley is employed.Takes seconds to put the yak on it and the really clever bit about the c tug is it strips down to small parts in seconds also , so stowage is easy.
    Some of the yakking guys have made trolleys that usually fit into the scupper holes but some have also crack the hull of the yak in doing so.You could probably knock up a trolley but doubt that it will stow as easily as the C tug.
    They seem a bit pricey but having used mine most of the summer , worth every penny. ;D

Cheers Worm.

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Most places I just carry my yak then make another trip for my gear, usually because I,m close to the launch area. When theres a long gradual slope or/and an open beach they,re well worth the money. You can load all your gear into the yak and off you go, dismantle it in seconds and into the storage hatch. Some improvise and use golf trolley motors on home made trolley,s etc. Personally I,d just buy a C-Tug.

4. newdave

newdave Guest

Nice to be able to agree with the worm for a change ;)if you buy anything other than a c tug, you have to do something with it once you get to the waters edge, so the tug is worth the money. If you are going to carry your yak every where i recommend you practise by carrying bricks up a ladder for 20 years ?

;D ;D ;D

5. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

The C-Tug is the one to get Glenn - I made a trolley from a golf cart last year - it decided to let me down one night going up Cornelian - you've seen the clip from Faulty towers "you vicious b******d, I'm going to give you a damn good thrashing!" - I must admit I now use the trolley less and less for speed, but like Ray says they are good when theres plenty of hard standing

6. carpyken

carpyken New Member

I was going to make my own but after talking to Rob I'll probably go for a C-Tug after Christmas - if anyone gets a keen price let me know, I notice you can get one off Ebay for £70 plus £10 carraige. Probably sounds a daft question but do you guys fit it central to take the weight of have it more towards the front to aid going up and down the slopes?? I once made one for my enclosed yak to aid going up and down Filey boat club but I had this clamped right at the front.

Ken

7. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I tend to fit mine towards the centre but just aft, balances nicely that way with the weight in the rear but if I have to put it down quickly (the runaway train went down the hill and she blew !!!) it stops rather that running away.
    The only fualt I ve found with the Ctug is that the strap fastening isn't adequate and so after my yak slipping off and smashing my rod tip , I replaced the strap with a ratchet luggage starp , fastens her on nice and tight now..Mmmmmmmmmm ;)

Cheers Worm.....all this yak talk will have me dragging her down to the coast if the weather stays flat this week !! ;D

8. robq

robq Rockling

well worth every penny ;D ;D

just try and keep the axles and wheels sand free and the tyres well inflated and they are a lot easier to pull !! ::) ::)

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!