1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buzzlightyear got another one

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by ian 07, Aug 26, 2009.

1. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

me and ken and quint and spawney went kayaking i had 7 bass and 4 pollack the biggest bass i had was 4lb13oz quint had 3 bass the biggest about the same size as mine quint also had a couple of pollack spawney had a bass and a load pollack i dont know what ken caught
    [​IMG]
    cheers ian

2. Howard

Howard Blenny

Lovely catch of bass there Buzz. Who would have thought 20 yrs ago fishing like that on our doorstep? Well done M8.

3. newdave

newdave Guest

yes Buzz you kicked our asses, In my defence , you had 5 before i got their :yes:
    well done :wink:

hers a picture of Quints fish that was about the same size as buzz's best but not weighted
    [​IMG]

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Quint hasnt had one of his annual big fish yetm must be due soon I reckon.

5. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Tried hard yesterday Glenn, but it's getting harder as the "big bass grounds" get plugged more often, I was pleased with the one yesterday as I wasn't trolling, went close in to purposely work some gullies that hadn't yet filled up with water, 2nd cast and the bass nearly pulled the rod out of my hands, pure magic

Yes well done Buzz credit where credits due, question is was it pure spawn or the expensive plugs ? now if we were cod fishing a good catch would be put down to quality bait, how many bass see our lures and completely reject them? food for thought, my bigger fish fell to the trusted white angel kiss

6. Baramundi Bob

I anit sure about these expensive plugs Iain. I fish quite a bit with the 2 youngsters Dan and Damo. Damo regularly uses the cheapest plugs to kick our asses. They look a bit like crystal minnows but are only £3 each.

7. quint

I agree Glenn, well to a certain extent, but the angling brain in me always questions things, in shallow waters the choice of plug may not matter too much, however as we go deeper the bass may have a preference, or maybe not :confused:

8. bucko

bucko New Member

Would they be the 'copies' that are available on the net Glenn?

Nice few fish there lads.

9. Baramundi Bob

10. Baramundi Bob

Thats interesting Iain and I know Dave has been giving some thought to deeper diving plugs too. Maybe I need to as well if im ever to get hold of a bigger bass ?? Ive purchased some husky jerks and an enourmous deep diver that Im almost frightened to use as it looks stupid.

11. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Couldn't get a touch yesterday and i was giving it some...

thundersticks over the shallows and chystal minnows in a little more water..

12. Baramundi Bob

The thunderstick was my main lure last year and this year Ive had 1 small pollack on it.

13. bucko

bucko New Member

Cheers Glenn.

While on the subject of bass being 'selective' I'd say it definitely happens after witnessing a certain fellow from this forum catch 10 or so on a Patchinko while I managed two on the red head yo zuri and they wouldn't look at the Chug Bug.
    But, I think Quint is onto something with depth as the next night I fished over shallower water (about 3ft) and they loved it.

14. quint

You did nothing wrong Ken, the margin for success and failure is very narrow, in my experience you were in the right area for a big girl, all my bigger bass have come from the very base of the cliffs, with limited time do you go for the "banker" bag trolling or try hard for that special 8, 9 lber or double?

15. newdave

newdave Guest

the husky caught that many micro pollock yesterday it was driving me mad, thought about leaving one on & dragging that about ?, i have one of those monster magnums & like yourself i cant bring myself to use it, but on scale if a 6oz pollock trys to eat a 6" lure maybe its not really that silly ?

I have put it in my bag so will force myself to give it a go :yes:

16. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

the lure i was useing was a tide minnow which looks just like a joey mackereal
    [​IMG]
    which i had 6 bass on and 2 pollack and the rest came to 1 of my teachers favorite
    lures at the momment and he did teach me well you know who you are
    cheers ian

17. Baramundi Bob

I dont think it is silly Dave. They look silly and all out of proportion but I am certain they will work. Bet they put a hell of a bend on the rod when you troll them about.

18. quint

How deep does this one dive Ian?

19. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

quint it goes down 3 feet on ebay theres someone selling them £29.99 posted i payed £20.00 delivered worth every penny
    cheers ian

20. quint

Sounds like a bargain Buzz :whistle: