1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying from Gumtree

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Haka007, Jul 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Haka007

Haka007 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Better Than All The Rest!

Hi all, just a warning to anyone thinking of buying from Gumtree. Be very cautious with who u send ur money to. I saw a kayak for sale on Gumtree and after a few suspicious email replies i done a search for the email address (sarah75harlow@gmail.com) i was replying to and found this -> http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/07747192044/2
    And i immediately stopped contact with it, although i replied to another ad for and got the same reply down to the last letter only from a different seller/email address.
    Here it is:

To: <cesar_haka@hotmail.com>
    Subject: Re:Date: 17 July 2012 10:32:05Hi Dave,
    Don't know if it's been long since you've emailed, I've been out so couldn't follow up on my text message. Can't promise anything but visiting my mum shortly, wouldn't mind making a drop off :) .
    If you'll send me your postcode I can check out on my satnav the distance to yours.
    Reasonable price and accurate description, it's worth the money, no bad surprises. I won't go any lower.Can be reached on (0)7973 425052 low signal strength area :( but check emails regularly.Ta,
    Amanda.
    P.S. Will take cash only.

2. Haka007

Haka007 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Better Than All The Rest!

-------------------------

That was all my phone would let me write in the post. So yea just be careful when Gumtreeimg!
    Thanks for reading.
    Dave