1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bussiness advice Would Be Appreciated Please

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Dan said we need to get you afloat this time.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk 2

2. Baramundi Bob

Hi mate. I usually get a tad annoyed when people mention tax because I feel a bit insulted people would think me stupid enough to be working and not declaring the income; especially when your work is so openly visible to anyone who looks at the internet. I have several websites covered in adverts and I run a web design business which is also highly visible.

With regards to turning a hobbey into a business I can't think of anything worse. Photographing someone's wedding or christening would cause me so much stress I probably would never pick up my camera ever again. Having said that I bet I could do a better job than most. All them posed shots are dread full. Stand here; kiss her now; throw the flowers now. Its just so unnatural. A decent photographer wouldn't even entertain that concept. :eek:

3. Biker Jake

Biker Jake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

As it sounds like a hobbie with benefits charge a rate you feel is reasonable, personally i'd look at what the business rates for the local area and undercut it by 50% as your overheads will be alot lower than theirs.

4. Baramundi Bob

I've charged £150 per hour photography and £30 website updates. My work is as good as anyone's if not better. Anyone who I've built a site for will tell you it looks better than the rest and brings them lots of business. My overheads are the same as anyone elses. My camera equipment is the same my computer costs the same as does electric and heating. I pay the same rate of income tax and nic as anyone else. Why work for nothing when you could be fishing. If people likd my work they will pay for it and if they don't they will jog on by. I don't need the cash asy lifestyle is based around things that are free.