1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burton Riggs pits

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by mattiethomp, Nov 24, 2012.

1. mattiethomp

mattiethomp skinnygrove back alley shin kickers

How do all has anybody fished the pits near morrisons Scarborough had a quick look n they look real fishy :wink: :wink:

2. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

No fishing on there :wink: :wink: I know it's got pike and some decent carp in. But there s or was issues with pikies, chucking bricks and other things at fisherman. But get through that and get away fishing it, think it's worth it :yes:

3. mattiethomp

mattiethomp skinnygrove back alley shin kickers

Had a recce there thurs n had chat with a fellow said no bother there these days nice n quiet so gunna give it a go in near future

4. WillW

WillW Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Best view I ever had of on otter was there couple of years ago now, must have been fish there then (but maybe not by the time it left?!).

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

5. coasty

coasty New Member

There is a small lake right behind the old Building Society offices, Had perch and millions of sticklebacks when I fished it around 20 years ago. I beleive that the large lake is a nature reserve and fishing is banned, it does have some pike, roach and carp in it though...

Not had a look there for years .....

Andy

6. backlash

backlash Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i used to fish the main pit a few years ago, had a few pike out to low double figures and have seen some big carp in the shallows in summer while i was spinning for pike, also lots of roach and perch, heard off one of the carp anglers on there that the otters had killed atleast two of the big carp so not sure how many are left now, gypo's used to be a nightmare but the field they stayed on at the back has been blocked off so don't think theres any trouble now