1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building A New Boat From Aluminium

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by cps, Feb 24, 2012.

1. cps

cps Rockling

Re: new boat

managed to get a bit more done over the last week or so
    got the trailer all finished all baring the mud gaurds
    [​IMG]
    came on a dream
    [​IMG]
    i put the boat name in the winch post she is named after my twins any one that has come into contact with them will know why :laugh:

[​IMG]
    got the pod and splash well cut out and tacked up , the pod is just on to see what the engine clearance looks like it will have to come of for welding and all the stiffners to go in
    [​IMG]
    just got a stiffner to fold up to trim the top of the splash well then its just the console to sort out
    [​IMG]
    the trailer turned out nice and it just flys on and off
    [​IMG]

2. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

looks aewsome chris bet you carn`t wait to get afloat with it tight-lines Alain

3. robq

robq Rockling

Looks very nice chris :yes:

What engine will you putting on her ?

4. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Looks quality. It's great to go back and view all the images from start to finish. You must be pretty excited about getting her afloat now!

5. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Top job chris. Perhaps you will have a successful future building Ally Yaks :surprise:
    Like the name too, though I thought it was referring to Mart and Rick :laugh:

6. madmickyb

madmickyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

quality job mate !!! liking the name too !! (ive got twin lads myself !!! )
    could do with a trailer like that for the pig .... our keel roller and bunk trailer is crap for beach launching !lol

tightlines .....mick

7. cps

cps Rockling

40 honda sat ready to go on

8. cps

cps Rockling

got the engine droped on tonight for a dry run befor i welded the pod and splash well up , all was as planed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    wont be doing anything at her for the next week as im of to sharktag tusday for the week:happy:

9. riley.

riley. Blenny

Looking nice Chris should be a fast one! Will u be painting the boat?

10. cps

cps Rockling

no paint just a grained or swirled patern to go in the ally

11. cps

cps Rockling

had the afternoon on her today and made some good progress got the pod all welded up friday night so got that tacked back on also the side steps cut to fit edged off and tacked on
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    pressed up some channels to stiffen the engine well and tacked in place
    [​IMG]
    i had some solid bosses turned up and used them in the pod to stenghtern it between two plates where the engine bolts on
    [​IMG]
    bit of tig on the pod
    [​IMG]

12. cps

cps Rockling

managed to get a spair weekend this week , weather no good to be on the sea so did a bit on the boat, got all the console finished and ready to fit to the boat
    [​IMG]
    room for the tank under the seat
    [​IMG]
    50 l live well in thr front of the console
    [​IMG]
    over all im quite pleased how the console hase come out , just a plastic hatch to cut a hole out for and fit in the front for access to the batery and electrics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i tiged most of the console as it will be seen and didnt want to spend hours sanding and as it wasent fully welded both sides i didnt think distortion would be a problem
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    got a few stifners to do in the hull then its a few hours sanding befor the console can go in
    might even see water this summer yet

13. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Looking good chris.

14. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Spot on mate

15. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

its looking good mate,keep up the hard work and then it be play time for ya,,

16. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

Looking good Chris, keep up the good work.
    Cheers Col.

17. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

looks good ,is the console kit form as well chris,...........on a different subject ,how much is 100x100 x3or 4mm box section a metre ,galvanised, (for gate posts chris)

18. cps

cps Rockling

console has been a bit of a marathion,no drawings so i had to start from scratch draw it all then brake it down ito flat pieces for cutting, has turned out well though
    box is around £20 a meter + vat galved

19. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

thanks chris,might be my project for autum,

20. cps

cps Rockling

starting to get there now
    [​IMG]
    console is in and welded to the floor
    got all the weld shrink marks sanded down
    [​IMG]
    gave her a dull pollish all over the bottom and topsides so now shes starting to look like finished
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    plasma cut 3 cleats 1 for the bow and 1 each side at the stern
    [​IMG]
    hand rails round the bow tacked in place just to weld and clean up then it just leaves a couple of rails at the stern on the boarding steps and some rocket launcher rod holdes and its engine fitting time
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sorry for photos but photo bucket wont let me rotate them