1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brown Trout

Discussion in 'Fresh Water Fishing Pictures' started by Captain_Kev, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Captain_Kev

Captain_Kev Blenny

Caught this on the Calder a few weeks ago, just got round to putting some photos on the computer.

It took a couple of big juicy lobworms cast tight to an overhanging tree on the far bank.

[​IMG]

Didn't weigh the fish, but the cork/foam handle is 2ft long to give an indication of size.

I did lose a couple of bigger ones as well, one went through my 6lb trilene like a piece of cotton, emotions over the next 5 seconds were as follows: :surprise: :cry: :sick:

• Old Old x 1
  2. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

great brownie that mate, well done

3. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

that's a cracking fish mate, congrats

4. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

well done captain, would it have been about 3lb as a guesstimate? I always struggle to guess the weight of fresh water fish.

5. bucko

bucko New Member

Nice fish that Kev. Its amazing how some of the industrial rivers have boomed since the pollutants have been washed out.

6. cod_dodger

cod_dodger New Member

i got this one in the summer (only found out how to post photos two days ago)
    from the henmore brook next to my restaurant, wich feeds into the river dove one mile downstream in derbyshire

[​IMG]

this pic is five minutes after it was caught, i didn't cook it but ate it raw
    the liver was sublime, made caviar with the roe and fillleted the fish down to share with friends with wasabi
    you can't beat a bit of derbyshire sashimi!

7. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Very nice fish Cod Dodger :cool: Lovely markings. Wouldn't get me eating them though, I'm a steak n chips kind of guy :hungry: :embarrass:

8. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

great fish dodger.

9. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Well if thats the Daiwa closed face reel i think it is and that butt is 2 foot long then that fish must be a good 8lb, well done.

10. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

It's an Abu 704 mate. Bought it to replace my 506 which I dropped and snapped :cry:

It's not a patch on the old boy :no:

Nice fish though, safely returned and swam off well :happy:

11. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Cod Dodger, where's you're restuarant? Been camping down that way last summer with our lass, we were near Thorpe.

Certainly are good eating the Brownies from the rivers around there :wink: :cheesy:

12. cod_dodger

cod_dodger New Member

the restaurant was the Bridge in Ashbourne
    i used to feed the fish out the restaraunt window
    then go try and catch them on my split shift

have since moved to a hotel our company acquired in Etwall near Derby
    my nearest river is now the Dove, life is sweet for trouting but not a lot of cod round here!! :laugh:

13. Fisherman55

Fisherman55 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice catch, when I was smallmouth fishing I actually had a rainbow trout follow up my crankbait at Kant Lake near me. It was of good size just like the one you showed here, wish he would of bit then I would have some pictures.

14. Dav

Dav Rockling

Thats an awsome brownie that like, Well done mate ......