1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brigg last night.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by faraday, Mar 11, 2017.

1. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

As planned met Shane and the John at brigg country park last night, arrived only to reveal i forgot to put me fenix in the back pack grrrrrrrr. Fortunate there was a spare lamp on loan...

Made way down to the ladders, rods already half way down brigg where i wanted to be so had to opt for binks fishing it down to low for an hour and an hour up, nowt doing there so moved back up just north of green rock etc casting north towards scarborough on the flood.
    Next couple of hours resulted in 10 codling between 2 of us, sadly all fish undersize, blacks doing the business.
    John stayed on full squid n cart baits on 6/0 which resulted in a blank for him, we actually dropped to 3/0 & 4/0 circles.

Fish were 15 yds, 40yds and 100yds out so obviously littered with them, all went quiet - shane wanted to stay for the flood and then try fishing it back into the ebb but i couldn't see the point based on the size of the previously caught fish.
    will fish it up for a couple and down to low next time on the same mark.

Nice night to be out, warm with a bit of moonlight, still a bit of colour in the water too.

RE the fenix fl55, you dont realise how good they are until you dont have it and have to use an alternative...

2. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice report.yeah the fenix 55s are a good bit of kit.no wires light as.good light

• Like Like x 1
  3. basha

basha Blenny

still worth a throw and beats sat indoors mate.

wouldnt be without my fenix after recomendations from members of this sight,worth every penny.
    its been one of thoughs seasons,ive had plenty of cod but all juveniles 99% of the time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Davo

Davo Rockling

Well done for getting out mate, and getting a few fish.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done for a nice report

• Like Like x 1