1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brigg fri night

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by faraday, Aug 27, 2017.

1. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Long week at work, so had a chill out session on the brigg with me pal Shane c. Arrived for high water - with an hourish left of daylight i had a spin over gulley stones first. Couple of small pollak seen chasing the spinner then dropped another 10yds from me feet.
    Our lass had an order in for tonights tea, so moved into deeper water casting over "big hole" resulting in a couple of mackerel, very decent size - biggest i had for a few years.

Light just about gone so out with the big rod and mag2. good cast over gulley stones resulted with a returnable small codling, me mate had another lobster - then a seal turned up....
    coincidently ? all went dead so packed up. Not a lot of sea running so expectations were'nt high.

Marine drive scarboro fished well i heard - (sods law) as i was thinking of there first. 20170825_223008_resized.jpg 20170826_004311_resized.jpg

2. robq

robq Rockling

I fished brigg friday over LW and pretty much same story

brigg end on ebb was constant wrasse and billet bites stripping bait in minutes:rolleyes:

moved to outer scar for early ebb and it was undersized codlings on there although I did see one of a couple of pound caught.

I then dropped onto green rock for last few chucks and more mini codlings at range, only saw 1 mackerel caught so look thin on the ground this year.

On the plus side it was a lovely flat calm day to be out on my favourite mark :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. WetLine

WetLine Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I was there earlier in the day as well nice & warm but very intermittent fishwise although plenty of people out. Seal was there but on the plus side I did see a porpoise about quarter of a mile out.
    Annoyingly one of the potting boats shot a long line of pots VERY close along the back of the brigg anglers weren't happy so watch you gear if fishing close in.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

sums it up really, had plenty of fish over l the last year from there but mostly undersize.

just hope for a good run as autumn appears.