1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BRIDLINGTON PIER WHITING FISHING - help please

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by GATES, Nov 11, 2007.

1. GATES

GATES New Member

was fishing bridlington pier last night and i caught 17 whiting and one 2 and half pound dogfish(my first one :) ) i would of caught more whiting(getting 1 or 2 every cast) but had to leave because my forceps broke and was sick of the fish swallowing the hooks.
    the problem is i was using size 1/0 hooks and all the whiting kept swallowing the hooks so it says to me that i need bigger hooks but what size should i go to 3/0? also is there much chance of catching cod from the pier or will i have to travel a Little further a Field?

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: help please

No don't go with bigger hooks the little buggers will still swallow a size 5o. Circle hooks are meant to stop this. Apparently more of the fish get lip hooked with circle hooks so my advice would be to go that way if you wish to return the fish. :)

3. GATES

GATES New Member

thank you

4. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

The codling do show occasionally but not in any great numbers off the pier, I used to fish there when I first started and the cod always appeared after a really big nth east blow when the sea dropped off but never for long.
    Good place to cut your teeth but move on to the rock marks or the Holderness beaches for the better cod sport.

5. barry

barry Blenny

We were fishing there also, at the side of the cannon, always carry spares, (the rods with the bright red tip lights on) if we are there next time ask, no problem......... barry

6. dbrown

dbrown Guest

There were quite a few whiting come of last night.

7. Markus V 07

Markus V 07 New Member

Whiting Was Coming Off All Day !..And Night !

8. Bcawth

Bcawth Blenny

loads and loads of whiting !!!!

9. dbrown

dbrown Guest

and a snap of you Ben you dozey bugger ;D :)

10. kevrev

kevrev New Member

Had my best shore session ever on Brid pier about 8-10 years ago. The locals will probably remember there were fish everywhere on the coast. A guy I new in Manchester had never fished east coast and I had'nt fished it for a few years so did'nt know what to expect. I had 27 codling and he had 17 from 1.5 upto 4lbs. same story every week for 5 weeks. year after and ever sice only whiting. So, sorry lads if you were inundated with Manci's, it was down to me, they thought the fishing was always that good.

11. Markus V 07

Markus V 07 New Member

Lucky You :D ;D

12. Bcawth

Bcawth Blenny

dbrown cant cast!!! :mad: