1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brid 2 day open

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ramsrod, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Plenty of fish were weighed in today (Sat) with the conditions being near perfect and in conjunction with a decent tide. I managed 2 cod and a whiting for about 5.5lb which wouldn,t have done much good. 2, 9lber,s were caught plus some other decent fish in the 5 to 7lb range. Any angler with a good cod today will be sitting pretty for the overall aggregate as the forcast for tomorrow isn,t too good with fresh s.easterly winds expected, it,s a good direction for the beaches but if it gets too strong it could make fishing really difficult. Mart had a better fish though i,m not sure how big exactly and hopefully may have done alright in the pairs as his partner had 2 cod and 3 whiting, maybe he will let us know when he get,s the chance. Finding a parking place at the weigh in was a nightmare with cars nose to tail down the main road, i hope the organisers take that into account with some anglers struggling to get to the scales in time.

2. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

well done ray.at least you caught.

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Cheers Ringer. That was my plan just to get a cod, though i was hoping for a big one it must be said, to keep in with a shout for the 2 day aggregate weight. The way things panned out it wasn,t enough! I was pleased with how things went in general i don,t think i could have improved things much on the day.

4. Steve

Steve Rockling

WHERES HAS MOST OF THE FISH BEEN COMMING FROM.

5. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

There were fish in most places but the 3 best ones came from Hornsea, Holpton and Hilston, triple H.(supposedly)

6. Doc

Doc New Member

Sat in traffic queue at mackis for nearly an hour, nothing moving at all, couldn't leave my car as I was alone and nowhere to park other than in the middle of the road. The jam finally cleared and I parked up, rushed to the scales only to be told sorry we've closed them now, Tuff fucking luck pal. What a bunch of wankers, couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. They created the jam, then change the rules to let anglers weigh other peoples fish in, but what happens if you don't have someone else in the car with you.

Typical council event, fuck it up, ignore commen sense, and then walk away.

Rant Over!!!

7. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

bloody typical doc.did you have anything decent to weigh in? :mad:

8. macky

macky New Member

It was a bloody joke that traffic jam!

i couldnt even see what it was that was causing it apart from one dick head parked right across the road diagonally.

any way, from what i remember this is roughly how the weigh in went
    quick update to how the match went today

few lads from my site did well

a 10lb 3oz cod was 1st (caught next to me)

John levesley (levo) was 5th with a crackin cod of 7lb 2oz

SPlodger was 8th overall with a cod just over 6lb

carl mathews was 11th overall with a cod of 6lb 4oz (my pairs partner , good lad ) )

i was 16th overall with a cod of 5lb 4oz

and me and carl was 3rd in the pairs event and picked up £300
    i also picked up a 6500 reel for my cod also

Will post the full results when i get them

now its my bed time then up in morn and do it all again

tight lines all

mack

9. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

well done chris.hope you fair better today.good luck.

10. seabass

seabass Blenny

Is the sea building up near you Tim?

11. bassman

bassman Administrator

well done chris, the traffic jam was caused by a 4x4 parked across the road, it look like the owner had just abandoned it to get to the weigh in with out any thought for any one else.

12. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Talk about a game of two halves. Went to weigh my fish in today (Sun) 1 cod and a whiting and there was no one there! I think a lot of anglers packed in half way through the match because of the not very nice conditions. :p My only hope now of salvaging something is by getting heaviest fish other than a cod with my whitey :-[ The cod i got would have given me a respectable aggregate placing normally but i wasn,t at the races this year. I seem to fare better when fish are scarce, but when it starts to fish well i struggle to get among the better fish. A 5.5lb cod was winning when i left which was a milli-second after me weighing in. Got soaking wet in the first hour due to my leaky waders but fished it to the death as i was in the 4 man team event, then found out that the rest of the team had packed in early :mad:

13. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i hear chris stringer cleaned up ray, both days, 6grand, not sure on the truth of it but apparently he had the biggy yesterday and a 6lb plus 2day

14. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

He was winning when i left Paul. Did you do any good today?

15. MFC

MFC Blenny

Ray, u need 3 new team members with staying power;

16. mww

mww Rockling

Chris Stringer won it, but he had a 4lber yesterday & wasn't in the prizes - had a 6lber today, so won today & overall, so ONLY £4K!!!! :eek:

Only had a mop today, first cast after we moved & went to Hilston. Didn't hang about at the weigh in, but Meddy just rang me to say with my 4lber from yesterday I'd come 25th overall, which was probably the last prize. Meddy came 7th today with a 3lber.

Ray, unfortunately my partner yesterday was Pete with a single mop, not Meddy with a mop (his other was undersized!!) & 3 whitings. Don't think we'd have figured in the pairs anyway.

We just missed out on the last of the cash in the team today - came 4th - I had a whiting a few mm short when I checked it before going to the scales (didn't think it'd matter!!) plus I dropped another off last cast off the bank at Hilston - it laid on the beach for quite a while, I could have picked it up if I'd dashed down the bank!!

Shame about the conditions today after Saturday's spragg-fest!! Typical, most other matches & my 4lber would've been well up there.....

Still, there's always next year - anyone want to buy some whiteworm, few miles on their clock, but exceedingly good condition..... ;D

Mart

17. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

tell me about it MFC. Wanted-: 3 new team members.

18. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done Mart. I think i was using anti-big-cod lugworms. What do they call the whites you have left. As i remember Rupert was the biggest, slightly larger than Gary. There,s a match run from Hornsea in 2 weeks so hang on to them and don,t commit yourself on the 18th.

19. mww

mww Rockling

Rupert is still there, but only because he's a bit of a coward - just flash a 4/0 across the bucket & see him cower under his less intelligent mates. The head end of Gary accounted for Saturday's 4lber, & it was Barry's tail-end that attracted today's mop.....

Interested to hear about the comp in a fortnight, will bear that in mind - hopefully there might be a bit of a spring run going on by then....

Regarding your search for team-mates, maybe that could be the next Saturday night ratings winnner, now that "stars" on ice/ "stars" ballroom dancing/ "stars" singing with other "stars"/ etc seem to have ended...I can see it now "Wannabe in Ramrod's Gang?" - any other ideas on a title?

Mart

20. macky

macky New Member

chris won today but he never won yestaday