1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

braved the elements

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by basha, Mar 1, 2018.

1. basha

basha Blenny

well its been ages since ive been out,ive been so busy.
    i was so bored,kept looking out the window and thought bugger it im going fishing.headed for somewere with a bitt of shelter(hartlepool).weather was pants........frozen everything and i had some kitt on.
    managed a few codling two being takers the rest went back.i was the only numbnutt out there but it paid off.was bloody cold/blizzards,im getting to old to be out in that pmsl.the nitemare was getting out the todger out to take a pee.......BRRRRRRRRR:)o_O

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

That cant have been nice out in that last night

Glad you got a few for your efforts

3. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice to get out & fish a "sheltered" venue.

Any thoughts on this cold spell helping spawning & improving catches in a few years

Time?

As this sea drops off some good bags will result & some nice samples of bigger fish.

4. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

They always recon a cold snap at spawning helps the survival of the young cod, so fingers crossed.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  5. cincinatti

cincinatti Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done on getting and getting a few. I have thought about it but thats as far as it got.

6. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done bud you deserve them keepers surely no where sheltered on east coast unless its in our house
    with the central heating on

7. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

seen the video on the news from the gare. Water coming over the lighthouse :D well done for finding a nice... ? spot

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. basha

basha Blenny

9. basha

basha Blenny

just opted for the green light other night.no were else fishable and enough movment to bring a few fish in.apart from a biting wind/snow and using the wall as a stand it was just manageable,not pleasant mind face was numb.bait by the way was razor/blacks mussell,couldnt get a sniff on cart.

10. jc

i heared years ago there is a big chain round the end is this the case or do you fish the side

11. basha

basha Blenny

only snaggs i have found is one seaward side for the first 100yds or so fishing onto the scars after that ive had no bother john.you do have to watch for pots mind they tend to stick em 25/30 yds out from time to time.easy in daylight but night time you dnt know they are there untill you stick your headlamp on.generally find the fish are close in mind,no need for a blast into the horizon.you do need a good sea mind for it to produce,usually when the waters banging over the heugh is the time to fish the pier.not everyones cup ov tea but when things are bad elsewere and unfishable like ov late its somewere comfy and fishable and it can produce some good bags from time to time.not far to walk either 2 mins and your on the end and your cars safe at bottom ov ramp and easily visble from the end which is a bonus.

12. jc

yes fished that years ago as you say good spot for car