1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Braid from China

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Pugwash, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Pugwash

Pugwash Blenny

Has anyone got a link for some proven thin 40lbs Braid from China?

2. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

Buy proper braid such as power pro or whiplash and you'll always be sure

3. jimaru09

jimaru09 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I HAVE USED IT FOR YEARS AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBS WITH IT BUT ONLY THE 40lbs

4. mocksqueek

mocksqueek Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Got some 30lb braid from china, very cheap. The only problem its a lot thicker than my 30lb power pro. Gave it to my brother.

5. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Dans right,..I've tried loads of different Chinese brand's some are o.k.(just)..most are crap depends on what your looking for,whiplash pro for me is the best out there....in the end you get what you pay for...and whiplash pro is not cheap.. :eek:

6. Pugwash

Pugwash Blenny

Thanks for your replies. I totally agree with the comments about Power Pro etc. as that is what I use on all my reels. Its was for a group of 8 first timers wanting me to take them wrecking, so sacrificial line I think will be the order of the day but did not want absolute garbage.

7. mocksqueek

mocksqueek Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Now you've said that. The braid I got which I gave away was from agepochfishingworid. Its a good braid but to thick for my liking {beach fishing}. Its strong, knots well, and cheap. Get it on ebay, takes 3 weeks to come from china.

8. craigrob

craigrob Blenny

I too get my braid from agepoch on ebay, I have used it for the last 4 years and have never had a problem yet, the thickness isn't an issue if you're boat fishing as you can get a lot of 50lb braid on a decent sized multiplier.

9. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

As a matter of interest, I was wondering if anyone knows which country power pro and whiplash are actually made.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are both from China as well. Just better products and the higher price probably reflects the cost of all the marketing that goes into promoting them along with UK retail mark up.

10. rupert

rupert Blenny

I have purchased a three spools of Gliss this year. Its one of the finest diameter braids I've found and smoother than whiplash, which is one of my favourites for boat fishing. Its not mega expensive either!

Here is what Henry Gilby said about it.

http://www.henry-gilbey.com/blog/so-whats-the-story-with-this-new-gliss-fishing-line

11. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Sorry,didnt realise we where talking boat fishing,as I am 100% landlubber wouldn't have much idea whats best for the boats,,for casting whiplash power pro is brilliant....

12. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

You cant go far wrong with Stonefisher Braid you can get it in around 3 to 4 days as it comes from the UK it isn't expensive and I think
    you will like it

13. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

try this
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/370778163516?adgroupid=&hlpht=true&hlpv=2&rlsatarget=&adtype=pla&ff3=1&lpid=122&poi=&ul_noapp=true&limghlpsr=true&ff19=0&device=c&chn=ps&campaignid=&crdt=0&ff12=67&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff14=122&viphx=1&ops=true&ff13=80

page down link to see line dia.

used it for last couple of years for beach & shading in boat.

silver fox (matty) 1st put me on to it.

havnt had the need to try others

for price & delivery time/quality

no complaints

14. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I think stonefisher might be having problems as they don't seem to have half the products they used to have, including the yellow and green braid. I have used their braid for a few years and found it to very reliable and a reasonable size.
    I did hear there was a death recently in the family/friends that run the business?? I hope they get back up and running again.

I will say if I am buying the Chinese stuff the 8 strand seems to be a lot better , roundness and lay, than the 4 strand.

and see this http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=33372.0

15. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

i have some braid from ebay called Super PE maxx power http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAID-FISHING-LINE-x-400m-MAXX-POWER-039-DARK-GREEN-039-SUPER-PE-RESIN-COATED-BRAID-/181841997505?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

it seems ok but time will tell and its cheap enough and from a uk seller

hope it helps
    cheers
    Paul

16. Sadung

Sadung Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I got some Chinese spectra braid from Amazon ok. 50 pound giant Mekong catfish with it.

Attached Files:

17. Sadung

Sadung Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Took a week to come £17.00 1000 meters

Attached Files:

18. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Power Pro is made and spun in America by Innovative Textiles who also make another braid called Tuf Line XP

Some info on Chinese braid here http://www.powerpro.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/power_pro_v2/info/counterfeit_warning.html