1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. andrewnisbet29

andrewnisbet29 New Member

hi all i have a 16ft yorkshitre pebble and was wondering the weight in order to buy a trailer does anyone you kind people have the knowledge to help me out please regards

2. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

what type of trailer are you after?

road trailer or beach trailer/beam ?

road trailer would require "stub" axles etc to be rated 750- 1000

to be safe, this would have to enable load weight, ie: outboard, auxillary,

anchor rope anchor etc etc.

if your just using trailer/beam for beach, make your own, you can

launch in shallower water etc with beam.

if you do get a road trailer check insurance etc, need lights/spare wheel etc etc.

also watch out for weed when launching/beaching as your trailer will "plough"

through the weed, filling chasis & adding weight overall.

3. navmanfish

4. andrewnisbet29

5. andrewnisbet29

lovely thank you for advice it'll be a road trailer with a 4hp for trolling & fly fishing on loch lomond regards

6. navmanfish

trailer in picture rated 850 kg

use on lock this type should suffice,

look in local sales/e bay/gumtree etc. check wheel brgs etc.

7. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

It is not that simple Andrew, at the risk of teaching you to suck eggs, it is easy to fall foul of Con and Use regs when towing a trailer , and can be expensive if fined for contravening these regs..

This is a guide as to max loaded trailer weights and towing vehicles etc, hope it helps ..

Towing a trailer with a car or van: the basics - GOV.UK

Roger

8. andrewnisbet29

thanks for the link roger it was useful i have researched online trying to find out the weight of my boat to buy a trailer suitable regards andrew

9. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Bri Carragher might know the weight he has a pebble. I would think you're set up with a small outboard would be under 750kg so you could probably be ok with a unbraked trailer depends on how much extra kit you put in the boat when towing. The rest depends on you're vehicle, all relative info will be in the regs in the link. You could always give Indespension a ring and ask them what they recommend.

10. andrewnisbet29

thank you ingoe the set up would be a 4hp and rods n tackle only so think under 750kgs be fine