1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boat Fishing Sunday with John On Two Dogs

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by fishinfella, Nov 26, 2009.

1. fishinfella

fishinfella Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

supposed to be out with john on two dogs on sunday but don't fancy our chances due to the weather, if we get out i'll post a report if not i'll post about septembers trip[quite eventful] nice to read about other peoples experiences if you can't get out would you not agree?
    MARK.

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: boat fishing sunday

Certainly is mArk. Do you fish with John often ? Top skipper and a true gent.

3. fishinfella

2ND Time but yes what you say is bang on, one of the nicest blokes i've ever met. been from brid plenty of times and only felt let down by skippers only in it for themselves. i'll never go back there after a year of dissapointment as john showed us how a proper charter boat should be run. Only been once as I said but speak to him regularly, he's always full of advice, never tries to get off the phone from you and now I count him as a good friend

4. Baramundi Bob

Yes he is a nice bloke. I undertand his prices are resonable too for a days fishing. You may know some of the lads on this site ?? Bowesey and Gibbo fish with John a lot.

5. fishinfella

To be honest this forum thing is new to me so I really hav'nt met anyone, probably because I'll normally just book the whole boat although if we don't get out this weekend i'll book a day over xmas hols but not for full boat. by the way john charges £40 10 hours wrecking £35 10 hours uptiding.

6. fishinfella

boat fishing sunda

would like to see more topics on boat fishing on this site seen as whitby is one of the top notch ports.

7. Baramundi Bob

Re: boat fishing sunda

Tell me about it mate. We have a lot of private boat anglers who contribute a lot to the site. We also get a lot from the kayak anglers and the shore anglers when the weather is right for them to actually catch something. But its strange that we never get many reports or contributions from the lads who go on the charter boats. Quite why that is I do not know as I have worked hard throughout out the site and the charter skippers site to draw them into contributing. But still the input is limited.

8. codfather911

codfather911 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

you would think that the charter skippers would crete vids of days out on what has been caught im not saying do it everytime just once a month or something im sure they would drum up more buisness for them selves doing this just my thoughts tho :D

9. Baramundi Bob

Decent high quality videos would certainly do them the world of good. Maybe one day they will buy a HD cam corder and get some vids on their site for you to watch.

10. fishinfella

videos, good thoughts a bit like wildcard thats at hartlepool. put wildcard into you tube.

11. codfather911

codfather911 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i saw them thats why i said it bet they have a good buisness going with vids like them seem to all be having a laugh and a joke then u see the fish they catch its good stuf cant beleive none of the charters at whitby have started it as its the cod port and all that people drive from miles around to fish whitby im aure youd get a few more with some quality vids :D

12. Baramundi Bob

With things as they are there's probably quite a lot of fear amongst the skippers that if they admit to catching fish then someone in government or Natural England will try to have them stopped. Ive seen in the flesh and in photographs, images that would make you jump aboard Whitby boats without ever even looking at another port, but the lads will not publish it anymore. I think all your going to get for the immediate future is snaps of single fish.

13. cassshantia

cassshantia part timer but enjoy every minute

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    here s a little reminder of some days with two dogs
    yes you two are quite right about john he s a good skipper and one hell of a lad ,down to earth and never tells you a lie we ve been with john for a good few seasons and had some nice fish and quality fish too ,he'll try to find you fish even if he has to burn alot of diesel,what you see is what you get with john ,100% every time

14. cassshantia

cassshantia part timer but enjoy every minute

[​IMG]
    has this one worked

15. Wildcard

Wildcard Hartlepool Marina - Simply The Best

I don't know either why charter skippers don't use videos to promote their businesses. It's something I did from day one and they seem to be popular.
    Lads and Dads

I don't show dead fish or fish with blood on them if I can help it, but that just to avoid conflicts with anti blood sports.

Alan