1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boat Fishing Session Around Filey Brigg

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by smokey, Apr 28, 2008.

1. smokey

smokey Rockling

After phoning forum member Ziggy asking if he fancied a session in his boat,a quick look at the tide tables and not a breath of wind,we decided to have an early season wrecking trip.Unfortunately when we pulled onto Filey beach,we were met with a hanging misty fret which put paid to any thoughts of shooting to the horizon :sad: So it was decided we would head round the back of the Brigg and anchor up,bait fishing.
    [​IMG]
    Ziggy decided on downtiding using a 2 hook rig baited with edible and was soon into a steady stream of fish including his 1st ever double hook up of codlings :happy:
    [​IMG]
    I decided on trying some new methods of boat fishing,not being one to follow the rules,i decided to set up a float rig on a light Bass Pro rod with 14lb Fireline.A quick look at the colour finder showed me we were in 36ft of water,so stop knot tied and full squid lashed on a 4/0 off went the first bait into the depths.As i was using a 1/4 oz float,the bait took a while to get down,then just as the float cocked,under it went.I struck into a fish which felt like a codling,but lost it half way up :happy: A quick rebait and off went another squid into the depths,same thing happened again just as the float cocked.This time i was into a better fish which put a cracking bend into the rod,with the drag set lightish on my 6000,it stripped off a bit of line,it turned out to be a lovely fat 4.5lb codling.
    [​IMG]
    After a few more codlings for Ziggy,the skies started to look very ominous so off we went at full licks to beat the storm.No sooner was the boat back on the trailer,the worst electrical storm i have ever seen erupted,not very good when i am sh1t scared of lightening :scare:
    [​IMG]

Tight lines and roll on summer :happy: :happy:

2. GJW

GJW Rockling

Re: Boat Session Around Filey Brigg

Nice little session lads.... :yes: :yes: :happy:

3. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Nice report smokes - a codling on a float in 36 foot :surprise: quality

4. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Great report Mart, looks like you,ve been getting some pic lessons off wec too :surprise:

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Yes top report and respect on float fishing for codling. A new one on me - well done too you both. Hopefully you will tell us more about your outings this year ? And a good tope report like Mart and Chris ? obviously leaving out the exact location for that one :happy: :happy:

6. smokey

smokey Rockling

Camera phone Ray, the light must have been good :suspious: :whistle: :wink:

7. newdave

newdave Guest

brilliant innovation smokey, obviously the only limiting factor in this game is our imagination. :happy: :happy:

8. smokey

smokey Rockling

I honestly believe the fishing around here in the boats is untouched and unexplored.Cps is the man who trys different things,but too many people around here get tunnel visioned into anchoring up for cod using 30lb-50lb class rods,not personally my idea of enjoyable fishing,watch this space :wink: :happy: PS: There was 2 brightly coloured plastic bath tubs bobbing around in Crab Hole,one a tandem,not any of you lads on here was it?? tight lines

9. newdave

newdave Guest

non of us agree long enough to share the same yak :no:, unless me and the worm get a tandem for some male bonding :laugh: :laugh:

10. cps

cps Rockling

[​IMG]its not all cod at the anchor

11. smokey

smokey Rockling

Like i said Chris,you are one of a minority that breaks the mould and trys new things :wink: :happy: We had some other spieces as well :wink: :whistle:

12. warrior

warrior New Member

enet resritions geting out on filey beach. engine size.or owt. do u hav 2 pay . av got a warrior 150. with 40 hp :whistle:

13. ziggy

ziggy luv it fishing

no restriction's that i know off. you have to go and see charles before going in baker's tea shack at bottom of cobble landing think there is a small fee sometime's depending what mood he's in and how much fish you give him haha . when your going give me a pm might go for a ride out with you. tight line's jason