1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boat fishing report

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Howard, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Howard

Howard Blenny

Went yesterday with Coops to do a few local wrecks round Brid.
    Got to the 1st one at 1st light and it was slow to start I think the fish were asleep but as soon as a bit of squid was put down BANG fish on. We took a few off until-yep seal turned up fishing went dead.
    On to the next one a funny old wreck that used to fish well but no one seems to bother with now. The drift was perfect and slow so I pirked with daylights and got 2-3 fish a drift. Coops went to bloody sleep :eek: yeh SLEEP the early start had done him in ;D . Fishing was good all the codling this year are 3-6lb almost without exception so it didn't take long to fill a box. Good job cause the bloody seal turned up and spooked the fish.
    So onto the 3rd wreck a snaggy "banker" Coops woke up refreshed but the fishing was slow so we chilled out in the sunshine eating,gutting and sorting gear out. We did another wreck that was full of strap lings so banking on the seal was following our engine noise we shot back to the 2nd one that held the most fish and "Bingo" it was business resumed with fish coming aboard fast a bit more run on so shads fished really well it didn't matter what colour ,shape the cheapest crappy ones caught every drop.
    On slack water we started back home for an early finish popping back to the 1st wreck to use some smelly squid up. Coops snaffled fish after fish on the bait while I gutted.
    An ace day lots of fish this year 2 downers though : the seals and the fact there's only one yr. class of fish showing. Whats happened to the large numbers of last yrs. 8-10lbers?
    Ill pop a pic on when time off to bloody work now. H.
    [​IMG]

2. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Sounds like you had a good day there H
    Sick of the bloody seals around Whitby, It seems every time you go out go out a seal turns up.
    Thanks for posting
    Carl

3. robq

robq Rockling

Well in H and Steve ;) sounds like a good day

Cant wait to get out on my rubber ring when these northeasterlies piss off ::)

4. rupert

rupert Blenny

Sounds like a really good trip. Seals sound to be a pain though.

I'm itching to get at'em, but my boat is still at the Warrior factory getting serviced, a new fuel tank fitted and a few other jobs done. Should be ready for collection any day now.

Hopefully see you afloat before too long.

5. Tug

Tug Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done H know you can catch them, but when I start catching must be good.
    Amazing day once again this year.
    Been fishing for many years (too many to remember) but this year has been extremely good.
    Haven't bothered to go to any wrecks don't see any point was throwing cod over 28 inches back cos i already had too many.
    There was fish all along the coast you can see how close in we were fishing, just started at one end and kept drifting it was a flooding tide I think is best.
    Some picts from my phone, it was a bit choppy that why they are blurred (my excuse anyway)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. 1LASTCAST

1LASTCAST Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

A snaggy banker? Mmm I know exactly where you were H! haha well done on the fish mate,I'm out week after next ,ps I I know where you were with the strap ling too,lol!!

7. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking day a float H n coops,well done chaps,some nice fish there lads :)

8. Steve

Steve Rockling

cracking day out once again mate. pity we couldnt find that 20

9. smokey

smokey Rockling

Well in H and steve, theres a 20 out there for you somewhere :D

10. Howard

Howard Blenny

Had one last yr. Mart. There were some double slinks on another boat last week with shot sacks in them .Very strong yr. class been caught as you know. The better fish are either late or the seals have done em ha ha.
    Glad your getting sorted them boys sure know how to charge.
    You should be getting a massive grant really as your keeping the town alive as a fishing port and all the trappings that brings in benefits for the visitors and indeed the councils income from them.