1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boat Fishing - Given The Choice, what Would You Target ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Mar 13, 2013.

?

If you and a group of friends won a days fishing on a top Whitby Charter Boat for 10 anglers. All eq

1. Bass

21 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Pollack

33 vote(s)
    49.3%
  3. Cod

32 vote(s)
    47.8%
  4. Ling

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  5. Haddock

18 vote(s)
    26.9%
  6. Flatfish, Plaice, Rays, Halibut, Turbot, Brill Etc

27 vote(s)
    40.3%
  7. Sharks And Tope

13 vote(s)
    19.4%
  8. Something else

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. WillW

WillW Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Re: Boat Fishing - Given The Choice, what Would You Target ??

Any idea why I can't see the poll using tapatalk?!

Pollock and bass close in would be top of my list!

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

2. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Love wrecking for cod and big Pollock on light gear and would really like a bash at inshore live baiting for Pollock and bass. The inshore cod underneath the mackerel shoals usually put up a good account of themselves as well on spinning rods and really light pirks.

3. Mop The Hoople 2

Mop The Hoople 2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Also been told they are around the boulby bouy

also used to get decent haddocks just below the old coastguard "lookout" on south nab at staithes,

so if the soft is still there, they should be about.

also we used to get @ turbuts to @ 5 lb when float fishing on saltburn pier in the mid 60,s, so

i reckon that yakking a couple of pier lenghts out nowadays should produce ( unless that mini keel boat

hasnt ruined the habitat),.

well be trying an inside mark near huntcliffe for the pollack on light gear, given the oppertunity with

this poor weather

4. jethro

jethro New Member

I would love to give it a go for the Halibut using lightish gear and live baits. I saw some monsters caught when i was in Norway but have never caught one myself. You never know, hopefully out with Mick on Avante on the 19th, maybe just maybe

5. michael76

michael76 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The BestEST

I choose bass and Pollack with lures and would love to catch a wolf fish they are true monsters of the deep.seen a few pics on here of the charter boats catching the odd one,weres the best place for them? Does anyone actually target them?

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Pollack seems to be on top. Is that a surprise ?

7. CAB78

CAB78 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Voted for Cod but a close second would be Tope / Sharks - would love to have a bash at them.
    Must admit, didn't think Pollack would be in the lead......

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Have you ever fished for pollack with light tackle in shallow water, ie 50 ft or less