1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boat Fishing - Given The Choice, what Would You Target ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Mar 13, 2013.

?

If you and a group of friends won a days fishing on a top Whitby Charter Boat for 10 anglers. All eq

1. Bass

21 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Pollack

33 vote(s)
    49.3%
  3. Cod

32 vote(s)
    47.8%
  4. Ling

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  5. Haddock

18 vote(s)
    26.9%
  6. Flatfish, Plaice, Rays, Halibut, Turbot, Brill Etc

27 vote(s)
    40.3%
  7. Sharks And Tope

13 vote(s)
    19.4%
  8. Something else

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

What would you like to target at Whitby ? Using the poll above, Choose upto 3 species you would go after if given the choice.

2. Baramundi Bob

Pollack (inshore on spinning gear with livebaits and plugs), Flatfish, Bass (inshore on spinning gear with livebaits and plugs) would be my choice.

3. Baramundi Bob

25 viewsand only 7 votes. Come on lads lets have your opinions, its not difficult.

4. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

cod and haddock, dont want to catch anything else really tbh

5. Baramundi Bob

For those of you who said pollack, where would you prefer to catch them and on what tackle ?

6. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Inshore late summer light spinning /live baiting for pollock bass light jigging on wrecks take some beating too for big cod

7. Clement

Clement Blenny

Surface popper fishing on a summers evening-close in to shore.
    Second preference would be light lure or livebaiting for Pollock/Bass again close in.
    -For pure fun, a session drifting over sand for Plaice or sea bream on Lug on light tackle also takes some
    beating.
    Returning them would be the icing on the cake!

8. robq

robq Rockling

pollack from the edge of the landrock in around 30 to 50ft of water :yes:

7ft powerful spinning rod or 12lb class boat rod and a shimano 8000 baitrunner, 30lb braid, 3 or 4oz lead and 6ft mono trace to a redgill or jellyworm :happy:

trolled at 2 or 3 mph

or same outfit with a sliding floatrig set around 10ft off the bottom baited with sprat, sandeel or long strip of mackerel :happy:

6 and 7lber are awesome sport on that tackle :yes:

9. carpyken

carpyken New Member

I would really like to have a determined go for those spring halibut :happy:

10. Jimthefloat

Jimthefloat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Pollack on a light spinning gear set up.
    Beats winter cod fishing with a 12 foot plus barge pole in the middle of winter by miles.

11. Baramundi Bob

Come join us on the yaks. Our aim is a turbot and a halibut.

12. andym

andym Rockling

I got a few small Turbot last March over the sand and I'm chomping at the bit waiting for the weather to break to get back out for a go at them

13. Baramundi Bob

Thats good to hear mate, were after a biggy and I know they are there as the commercials have landed them in the not too distant past. Ive had them to about half a pound at sandsend car park so where there is small ones, thier parents carnt be far away.

Apparently these came from 35ft of water, close to shore a couple of years ago :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

all of the above :yes:

guess we will see but i think I will be using the boat to access fishing that was out of kayak range. I still like the Kayak for Bass & inshore Pollock. Wreck locations are easy, but the bit of Knowledge am missing at the moment is offshore grounds. would love to catch a decent haddock.

15. Baramundi Bob

speak to killer about the haddock. I think the oil rig is the place to be. Also been told they are around the boulby bouy.

16. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I think live baiting for pollack would be my first choice. I still like a bit of cod fishing, but it's the thought of getting among better fish that holds my interest.
    I've always wanted to catch a halibut so would quite happily bob around all day if I thought I had a chance of getting one.

17. cps

cps Rockling

plenty at the wall :yes:sharks though are are in short supply :sad:

18. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I actually voted for Tope rather than cod but forgot to mention it in my post. Whatever I fish for though it has to be flat :vomit:

19. Baramundi Bob

20. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Pollock with weed-less soft plastic and float with shrimp`s