1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

boat fishing from staithes

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ringer, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

had a look out on my boat from staithes on Wednesday morning. set off at 9 am and steamed north to a patch of ground off Skinningrove. there was a few boats dotted about already fishing.[​IMG]
    as you can see it was flat calm and a pleasure to be there. first drift I managed 2 small codlings.[​IMG]
    With small tides and no wind the drift wasn't great for staying on the ground but managed at least one codling per drift. as the tide picked up a bit the drifts got better and so did the fishing.by 11 am I had 11 codlings and had thrown as many back that were too small [​IMG]. other boats joined me on the piece of ground but soon left.maybe not happy with the numbers of fish. [​IMG]
    I caught my first mackerel of the year and it was a beauty. [​IMG]
    I fished until 11.50 am and caught another 6 codlings making my total 17. all fish were taken on daylights [​IMG]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

2. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Great report Ringer and cracking weather and photos, that macky is a beauty. Hopefully that's the summer fishing finally here at last but looks like a bit of snotty weather here at the weekend to spoil things a bit.
    I still find it very very strange and slightly concerning that everyone I have spoken to has reported a distinct lack of feed in the water locally though ??
    Thanks for sharing.

3. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Nice bag of fish Tim and lovely glassy sea out there. :cool:

Have you changed boat from that lovely pebble you had ?

4. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice report and pictures mate . Nice to see a few Macky getting closer in as well
    Well done mate .

5. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Good to see all these boat reports being posted. Well done on the fish Ringer and what a cracking day to be out at sea.

6. Markj

Markj Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great report mate and great photo's glad you had a good day.

Mark.

7. bucko

bucko New Member

Nice one Tim- nice to see it coming into play down there!

8. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

yes dave I've changed boats. I now have a microplus 502 gtx with a 30hp johnson outboard. when the sea is flat I can get 17 knots out of it.

9. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Nice one ! :cool: :cool: :cool:

10. CAB78

CAB78 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great report and some nice fish - were they all on bait?

11. robq

robq Rockling

Nice one Tim :cool: good to see you out and enjoying your fishing :happy:

12. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

Re: Re: boat fishing from staithes

none on bait they were all caught on fladen daylights.

13. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Thanks for that report Tim. I,ve not seen that bird slapping her arse for ages :laugh: and to have Dave reply with that other bird bouncing her paps made it even better :nerd:
    Good to see you are still doing ok and still catching fish.