1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. warrior

warrior New Member

a few years ago went 2 sea on my own boat , new gps in light fog, took mi 2 kids with me thought it was ok got mi gps thinkin 2 myself further i got out the thicker it got ,then blip, gps screen went blank, shit myself, & kids on board,after a few mins dint know wich way was wot,went 2 turn power back on & it was ok again& still had my track on.now have a hand held gps as well 4 back up if i get cought out in it.would never go out in fog again, 2 scairy,

2. steerser

steerser Blenny

Always wise to have a compass onboard.. gps is can let you down... :yes:

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Spoke to a skipper tonight who said he had read this. His words "Madness". A gps wont tell you whats coming and as Woddy found out theres some big ships out there :happy:

4. Acko

Acko Rockling

I felt safe in the Fog
    I was only 1/4 mile off in 40 feet of water under the cliffs. I dont think theres much chance of getting hit by a Ship under there?
    I know it is a bit risky a smaller vessel could come over the top of us But Crossing a road has risks involved Is it really so reckless I dont believe it is?

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

He was refering to the situation described by Woody Acko - the bit where a big boat nearly clobbered them :happy:

6. Acko

Acko Rockling

thats fair enough
    I thought it might be a good point for a debate :happy:
    Id like to hear others opinions on this subject