1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Bled' Frozen Blacks.....

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bucko, Oct 23, 2009.

1. bucko

bucko New Member

Just been offered some of these. Are they significantly better than gutted blacks?

2. robq

robq Rockling

I always gut mine that I going to freeze, they will thaw out much firmer and easier to bait up with due to the lower liquid content when freezing and defrosting.

I am not sure that they fish any better though and I tend to whip frozen worms on as part of a cocktail anyway, so I guess its just personal choice.

Some may say that you will get a better scent trail from worms frozen with guts in.

I prefer mine nice and firm :cheesy: just in case I end up using them off the beach.

3. Dav

Dav Rockling

Ive heard they do ian , but my self personaly if i was using them fresh it would have to be whole with guts , altho i have used them like you say ....

4. bucko

bucko New Member

Cheers lads- just looking at my bait options for tonight as my cart isn't going to turn up until monday so its down to the options that I can get to once I finish work at 5pm.