1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blackpool comes to cowbar!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bowesy, Jan 14, 2013.

1. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

a was fishing near cowbar pier t nite and ive never seen as many lights on a end of a pier!!!it was like daylight the amount of lights on there !! a bet there was a few cross words on there t nite !! not my cup of tea!!! :no: :no:

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I used to enjoy this type of thing. When lots of people descend on one mark, it leaves all the other marks very quiet. Many places fish under the same conditions, enjoy the other marks until the fish followers leave in search of the holy grail.

3. Biker Jake

Biker Jake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I was going to fish it but decided not to seeing a post on here and fish followers. Its a shame the residents will start getting pissed off with all the cars down there

4. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

I guess that has something to do with Lobbers post yesterday 6 fish for 40lb

Different tide, different results peeps

5. LERCH

LERCH Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi lads I fished cow jetty from 4 til 8 last nite and ended up with r codling for 10lb my mate also had 3 for 9lb biggest 4lb 3oz. It wasn't that busy with only 6 rods on and only 9 fish, bout 7ish 3 more came down n fished in the harbour mouth. There was 2 lads going onto the gully wen I came off aswell. Russell

6. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Two lads going on gully was me n my mate, it was stupid down there last night. Had fish night before so came back for another try. As we got to the end loads of lads came down, there were lads casting all over and all in a desperate rush to get on the point. No respect for other anglers and only seen one cod caught that was early on the ebb. It was like the gare in the summer.

7. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Aye up lead chuckers!

It's sad when that happens.

I was once fly fishing at Chatton lakes in Nothumberland near to the Scottish borders.

It was very hard going and not many fish coming out and not many people fishing the lake.

Then I had a nice trout and immediately the chap who was fishing opposite me on the other side of the lake, walked all the way round to where I fishing (probably a walk of a good 300 yards) and passing no other angler fishing on the way around and took up fishing at my side without saying a word.

Im not kidding when I say I could have put my arm out and touched him on the shoulder.

I was soo @issed off with him I took out out my sandwich box and flask and asked him sarcastically if he would like to help himself to whatever he wanted.
    The cheeky @astard was about to have a look in my sandwich box when he realised what I was saying and then ignored me and carried on fishing.

So I packed up and moved spot to where he had been fishing on the opposite side of the lake and within 5 minutes I hooked and landed an 8lb rainbow.

The moral is that it's not always a particular spot that is the key to getting fish.

It's the angler, coupled with knowledge and experience. Crowded spots often put too much pressure on the fish and they become shy or move off.

Say no more!!

Big P

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

knew it would be busy there last night so I stayed away. cant stand the crowds.

9. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

I'm same bud, that's why I watch Donny Rovers lol

10. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

:laugh:

11. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

the crowds will soon realise that if you hav'nt got the magic crystals you'll never get the same results :laugh:

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tags;tagid=18

12. garbutts

garbutts Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yea me n our matty got the only fish off there i think, good job there wasnt any swell on there as im sure sum1 would av got washed in!!

13. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

was that out of the gulley paul??

14. garbutts

Yea that was off the gully mate a dont think sum of the otha ppl wer going to catch out n e way they wer casting on top of the scar obviously neva fished the place before

15. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Going back a few years now, the whole area around Staithes,(Cowbar Jetty, Simmy Scar Etc) and in particular the area just south of staithes was very underfished. The only people I ever remember paying a lot of attention to that area was Dave Perrett and Phil Mead. Think Les Spedd used to head up there when he fished too, but not many others did.

More recently it seems to have come into favour. Its certainly having on of the best years I can remember. But never forget that whilst one mark is busy, another is often quiet. Marks that fish similar to that area area are - Sheep stones, Little Tunnel, Hawsker Highlights, Back Of North batts, Numerous marks in South Hawsker. All will fish as well if not better if you catch them right. Small bit of swell, either localised or a dieing sea.

I remember one particular year when Jeremy Robinson wiped the floor with the opposition, 75% of his fish came out of South Hawsker, from marks you hardly hear get a mention these days.

16. simmo

simmo stay calm and carry on

si there are them people that always chase catch reports lobbers put that post on and thay flock down fact wot other reason ???? :whistle:

17. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

We were laughing at them crawling over each other to get to the end, and casting the wrong direction. We were to your right when you got that fish, did you go soon after? me mate had a little pouting later on but that's all that came out.

18. garbutts

No a went and fishd to rite of the sewer pipe off the front but dint manage out else so went bk onto the jetty to fish 1st of the flood but call it a day bout 1