1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Tags:
  1. Willy Eckerslike

Willy Eckerslike Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

[​IMG]

Whats this then Black Bream, seen on Sandsend Beach this morning

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

cant see the pic but i expect its a rays bream. commonly found washed up at this time of year

3. Willy Eckerslike

Willy Eckerslike Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hopefully it's there this time

[​IMG]

4. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

its a rays breame

5. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

Black Bream are very popular down South. We targeted them in a Police Boat Compo a few years ago. My mate caught a cracker. They are very nice to eat. We were near Portland Point.
    Mick.

6. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

I remember in the 70ss one winter i was fishing on upgange beach and they were comeing ashore in droves apparantly next morning there was 100ss washed up on whitby beach when i first experienced this i was just stood waiting for a bite and i suddenly heard all this splashing i thought my god the cod are comeing ashore on there own it was club match that night and not mentioning any names somebody actually tried to weigh a bad full in they were politly told to go away.

paul.

7. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Can you eat them?

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Sure lobbers would !.....as a main course after a niice slug and blegg starter !

9. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

fishing humanby gap last nite (with no joy) and me and nibby heared a splashing and went to have a look and sure enough there was a rays bream trying to beach its sen so we pushed it out and the bugger just swam back to the shore, its the first one i have seen this year there seemed to be a lot more last year..