1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bird Ash Fishing At Bempton !!!!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by chopper, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Dav

Dav Rockling

The ladder section looks sheer....also heard there is a 2 ft ledge u climb on to gain access to the ladder,,,, i must of heard 3 different stories..........im not saying it looks safe tho..would be nice just to have a look one day , but again them cliffes are that long i wouldnt know were to start n look....altho dan im 100 % sure if u slipped from the ladder ,u would end up at the bottom , in 10 piesces.....plus looking at a climb /drop from the bottom is never as bad as looking at it from the top........awsome pic tho.........
    anyone with any pics they wouldnt mind sharing please pm me i can promise u i wont go n kill me self , cheers........

2. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Any of you guys thinking of going down here don't rely on pictures, please go with a guide, the last thing you want is to be guessing which way to go

3. robq

robq Rockling

The thing with the pic shown is that it gives a completely different perspective looking up at it than it does when you are stood at the top :eek: :eek:

How many times have you looked up at the cliffjumping marks at thornwick and thought " thats nowt " yet when you get the 25 ft or so up there you are absolutely crapping yourself and dare not do it ??

Things always look higher and scarier from the top !! I am sure this pic has been on the site before but is just a reminder that it is very steep and scary :eek: :eek: and this pic does the place no justice as it is even worse in the flesh !!

[​IMG]

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

yeah cps posted a similar pic not too long ago.

5. cod rod kev

cod rod kev New Member

jeezzz is that where u start the descent? not a chance in hell u would get me down there rather walk for an hour along bottom :eek: :eek:

6. baza

baza New Member

ive done a few scary decents and stepovers in scotland but nothing to compare to that.respect to those brave enough to decend it, you would be able to hear my knees knocking in hartlepool if i were to try it. best left to the locals me thinks

7. dbrown

dbrown Guest

No cliff jump scares me haha but i see what your on about but i would fancy a look at it from top with someone

8. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

;D Don,t know what all the fuss is about it,s only a 10ft ladder ;D

10. smokey

smokey Rockling

Further left Ringer,about another cm,just out of interest theres another ladder down now as well about an inch to the left of yours,where the big clump of rock starts,as stated before,looking at the pics it looks a piece of p**s,i took a pic down there yesterday and it's very very steep,pics don't do it justice :eek:

11. dbrown

dbrown Guest

You cannot actually see the ladder can you or is it just my eyes ;D

12. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

You can if you know where to look ;)

13. smokey

smokey Rockling

Bump ;D

14. dbrown

dbrown Guest

tut and where is that ;D

15. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

[​IMG]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

16. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

17. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Haha the ladders abit big init ;D

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

i would of said there to , ide enlarged it in my pics and seen it , well i think it was....as it looks a narrow ledge to the top of the ladder and the other pics look like it couild be from that spot....

19. smokey

smokey Rockling

Lol spot on Ringer

20. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

;D You daft bugger Tim