1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIMINI TWIST | SHOCKLEADER | LEADERKNOT

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing WebSite Reviews And Links' started by Baramundi Bob, Jan 28, 2007.

1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Thanks Ray, going to sit down and try and teach myself it tonight

2. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well worth it Ken, I,ve lost count of the fish just I,ve managed to pull free and landed which I would not have got had I been using a uni knot or something similar. All these little tweaks make a big difference overall and might be the difference of landing a fish of a life time or losing it.

3. IanB

IanB Blenny

Raymond ! is there something you're not telling us ?

I mean with your photo :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

4. dbrown

dbrown Guest

I do the spiderhitch knot and then a grinner to join together.

5. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Ken i ll show you the spider hitch on Sunday

6. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Ok guys, i think I've mastered the bimini twist - ok mastered may be a bit too stronger a word :embarrass: but it looks right and to be honest its not that difficult..........but here goes :clown: :cheesy: What do I do with it? Can i Put a link swivel into the loop on making up the knot - I only want to use it to attach my (35lb) mainline to my (70lb) rig bodies. Simplest method would be to just slip loop through loop and through itself or is that just going to weaken the line within the loop.....sorry for sounding a noddy :cheesy:

Know the knot is ok, been practice casting with it today and just slipping a lead through the loop and back through itself

Ken

7. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

You don't need to use a bimini for that Ken just some sort of link or swivel.

8. carpyken

carpyken New Member

and just tie this with a simple uni not Ray?

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

you got it Ken, I always have a No1 swivel on the top of my trace with a link on the end of my leader or in your case the mainline, then you can have a baited trace clipped on in seconds during a match. Might not be too important tomorrow though :ugly: but when fishing is frantic in short matches it can make a difference.

10. faithWRX

faithWRX Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Gonna have ago at tying the spider later, have been losing a few sets in the rough snapping at leader