1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big ling for first time boat fishing for john on sea-otter 2

Discussion in 'Charter Boats & Tackle Shops.' started by bigcod, Aug 30, 2013.

Tags:
  1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Had local builders K and D onboard yesterday and with a very small tide perfect combination for big ling to stick there noses out and sure enough that is exactly what happened first time boat fishing John Wood got belter of a ling my eletric scales got damaged the other day so it couldnt be weighed exact and my spring balance only go to 16lb and it bottomed out instantly with the weight of the fish it looked around the 18-20lb a bonny fish john was over the moon .

John with his whopper a big smile he took the sweep another one of the lads lost one as big couldnt do nothing with it and it just slipped the hook.

[​IMG]

The lads back in the harbour with a few of there fish they had stacks of ling and some cod as well.

[​IMG]

paul.

2. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done on your P.B. ling John,now you'll have to book again to try and catch its mam or dad :happy:
    You certainly have a knack of locating them 20lb+ ling at the moment Paul...now for a 20lb cod eh?

3. adrenalin.

adrenalin. Blenny

Cracking ling well done on your pb.biggest one ive seen was either 35lb or 29 1/2 20 odd year ago onboard sea roma on a inshore wreck 4 mile off.paul would say theres more ling about this year?lads down here at withernsea moaning about the amount of em on the wrecks.sum r not much bigger than a jumbo sausage!

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

well done John, thats a nice fish for first time out.

5. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

Biggest i've seen was with Paul on Sea Otter in 2004 or 2005, when in the Autumn festival John Roberts from merseyside (a mate of Paul Pantalerisco) caught a 36 lb one on a purple Hok-kai at around the same distance!.
    Big baits for big fish got thrown over the side on this occasion!. Recall holding the back half of it on board when Killa filleted it for John, and he said its stomach was empty. Maybe it had been on a diet!

6. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

On my first ever boat trip, I had a 25 lb ling on just white feathers. The skipper at the time actually said it was amazing how many big ling fall to just plain feathers. I think the boat was Saxon lady about 15 years ago. It's funny how things change so much.

Bp

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Tony remember that day well john got it near on the last drop it was actually 33lb 10oz the next day we had one 29lb and 2 at25lb ling 3 belters on the same day amaizing but that late summer festival was actually won with a 38lb ling a monster anyone of those 4 ling we had would have normally being good enough to win it but thats fishing for you you just never know .

We had some nice fish again today one lad had 2 lovelly fish a cod 13lb and pollock between 8-9 lb

The 13lb cod.

[​IMG]

The cod and pollock together.

[​IMG]

paul.

8. Howard

Howard Blenny

Good fishing Paul deffo coming good cod , ling , pollock all seem to be gathering big time on wrecks. Gutted didnt go yesterday got let down been planning it since monday these jibbers dont realise the consequenses gunna have to work all w/end aswell now.

9. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Been fishing well howard got one or two special little spots for the big ones where they hide overall some very nice fishing .

paul.

10. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks for a cracking day Paul , thought I lost that pollock at one point . Was surprised it tuck bait as well and right from the bottom .

John

11. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Well done Jon two nice fish mate pollock at times are bang on the bottom then other times are well up above the its all down to where the feed is if its on the bottom then so are the pollock.

Cheers paul

12. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one cheers Paul . Sent you a mail regarding next fri

John

13. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Sent you an email back mate.

Paul

14. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Paul would you believe the halibut we got last year of 37lb was actually caught on a cod feather baited with squid just goes to show anything can happen out there you just never know thats why i just love fishing .

paul.