1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

big fight saturday,calzage v roy jones junior

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by Jetty, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Jetty

Jetty New Member

who do you think will win and how?

i think calzage points victory

2. wildcard

wildcard Guest

Both past their best by a long way I reckon. In his day Roy Jones would have faster hand speed and foot work than Calzaghe but I don't think he could ever have knocked him out at any stage in his career - even at his very best.

A gruelling fight won by the Yank on points I think. They always say if you fight in America youve got to knock your opponent out to get a draw. Even if it seems a clear points win to us for Calzaghe - the judges will give it to Jones.

wildcard

3. Jetty

Jetty New Member

its at light heavy as well,calzaghe only fought once at light heavy against hopkins,and he couldn't really trouble hopkings with his punch power..............should be an interesting fight................think calzaghe might go sh*t or bust 1st couple of rounds to see if he can stop jones....then if not try out point him

4. wildcard

wildcard Guest

Can't see either man being stopped. A points decision is almost a certainty unless cuts play a part. For me a dodgy points decision to Roy Jones all day long.

wildcard

5. Captain_Kev

Captain_Kev Blenny

I read the other day in the paper that Calzaghe has a punchbag that can feed data to a computer about power/speed/number of punches etc, and his record is something like 1600 punches in 3 MINUTES... that's 9 a second.

I'd love to see Joe win, I think he will to be honest, but like Wildcard said those judges over there can be a bit shady.

6. wildcard

wildcard Guest

It's easy to hit a stationary punchbag, I would think hitting Roy Jones will be a bit more difficult.
    The good thing is they are both entertainers and should put on a good show regardless of who wins.

wildcard

7. smokey

smokey Rockling

He's still undefeated champion of the world so how can anyone possibly doubt him?? I read today he is punching much harder than ever in training so maybe a points decision won't be needed... tight lines

8. wildcard

wildcard Guest

I would say he's undefeated because he has dodged even half decent opponents and nearly always (apart from Hopkins) fought in his own back yard in Wales. He was also the WBO champion which is a bit of a micky mouse title. His hands are also made of glass.

He's also a southpaw so it won't make an interesting fight. Roy Jones has won titles in every division and format inc WBC IBF and WBA.

wildcard

9. Jetty

Jetty New Member

calzaghe points victory as predicted

was a good fight he beat jones easier than i thought he would,could be cos jones is 40 but calzaghe is 37,and it was in jones back yard.....got up to watch it i thought it was all over in 1st round when calzaghe went down,but he got up and gave him a boxing lesson.........nice one calzaghe he shut them yanks up

as the american interviewer after the fight said " you did a roy jones on roy jones"

10. smokey

smokey Rockling

Spot on...a well deserved victory after getting floored in the 1st.. tight lines

11. wildcard

wildcard Guest

I got that one wrong and well called by Jetty. I still don't rate Calzaghe though.

wildcard