1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Catfish Today On Sea Otter 2

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, May 5, 2014.

Tags:
  1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Over the weekend the lads have seen some quality fish Saturday fished very well with many fish between 5-7 lb range today it was a steady day then one of the lads got a belter of a catfish which went just under 10lb a cracking catfish these days a full report later

Attached Files:

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Paul can you start using photobucket again please as I cant seem to work out how to save attachments to my pc.

3. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Looks like my mother in law, but the teeth arent as big. ;D

Roger

4. young casper

young casper Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

wonder where you get them hats with the seagull on,,i want one ;)

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Perfect timing on the photo young casper.

paul.

6. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Here we go then saturday was a lovelly summers day light blue sky a propper taste of summer and Brian Cunninghams team were on regular lads who have fished with me for near on 20 years they come once a month but after saturday they cant wait for there next trip which is a 2 days on the belt in june they are buzzing .

I told the lads shads were fishing well and sure enough they worked there socks off and there rewards were worth it some lovelly fish came aboard cod and some very nice pollock they loved it fresh whitby cod for tea was on there mind .

The lads on sunday were from preston they fished with very light tackle were worked ground most of the day and the shads once again worked very well one lad had near on 20 cod himself so he was like a Cheshire cat he fished very well .
    Yesterday conditions werent easy and the lads worked very hard indeed we raked and nice few fish up cod and ling but the highlight of the day was the cat a castfish of this size is a very good fish these days they are quite rare now we get just handfull each year but one of around the 10lb mark is a good fish fully thing though you get one then usually you get another one a day later funny sometimes how fate goes out there .

Sone nice fish from saturday a lovelly day and some bonny cod and pollock.

Brian the team leader.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The beast from yesterday

[​IMG]

Some nasty teeth but they do feed mainly on shellfish so they need the good chompers to smash them up.

[​IMG]

paul.

7. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Nice to see the shad in the fishes mouth in the photo to give everyone the heads up on what colours and styles are working at the moment.

Is the Rhubarb and custard sidewinder still the killer colour?

BP

8. Baramundi Bob

I was talking to Dan in Whitby Angling Supplies yesterday and he says all sidewinders are selling well but Rhubarb and Custard flying off the shelves so they must be the colour to buy right now.

9. Baramundi Bob

10. Baramundi Bob