1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bewhere of speed camera on castle park

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Dec 8, 2012.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Its extremly difficult to keep under 30mph coming down towards castle speed cameras are there a park a propper money making scheme the coffers must be filling up for the police with the cameras dont go over 30mph by inch they will have you its down hill as you come towards town very difficult to stay inside 30 as you approach the built up area the 30pmh starts well up before you are anyway near any houses they must be nailing hundreds.

Happy christmas :butt:

paul.

2. lobsterman

lobsterman Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Think u did right thing this morning mate it was lousy first couple of hours but fell away a bit as day went on.

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

It was crap rob magic seaweed were on top form again i didnt believe what they were saying for today 2-3ft i call that site magic mushrooms to much swell on weather bouys in the far north yesterday for it to be 2-3ft , it was 2.1mtre from the northeast this morning and northwest wind across it not nice for anglers so we called it off it fell away after 10am but it wes decision time and it was crap at 8.30am when you went any fish on the lines rob .

paul.

4. lobsterman

lobsterman Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

21st mate about 17 of codlings rest was mixed,big fish but not many of em got 4 nice haddocks up to about 4lb,started at rohilla in about 5fth then went south from their,got worse fishing further south we went

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

When we went wrecking a last week we had haddocks very unusuall to get them this late in the year on the rods must be a lot of them out there its one fish rob i have never had uptiding once saw one caught of the west peir many years ago and that was in the middle of the winter.

paul.

6. bow1

bow1 Rockling

where exactly is this camera then.i preume its whitby.
    im askuing cos ill be about next few nites amybe and just got done by the b********s at hartlkepool

going on the naughnty boys course on thursday!!!

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Sneaton castle the 30mph starts well up the road just came up there no camera there today passed 2 cars coming both coming into whitby both i would say say were exceeding the 30mph its a perfect trap to catch people out got me twice in the same day last week within 20 minuites never had a speeding ticket before in over 30years in whitby they must have had a field day i would love to know how people they have caught i bet its 9 out of 10 coming into town i am still fuming now.

paul.

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Keep an eye on the whitby gazette facebook page. They usually post where the cameras are.

9. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

put a bit more detail on where this camera is so we can watch out for it ,castle doesnt mean owt to me.
    just to clarify they are safety cameras[ my arse] and not speed cameras ,they dont do nothing for safety just line the police,council and lol [safefty camera partnerships pockets .
    worse thing they ever did was let these organisations keep part of the money robbed off motorists.
    dont they realise that they are losing people who rely on driving their jobs,not like they care.
    i,ve been driving nearly 40 years and now spend more time watching for these traps than watching the road,cannot be good for safety on the roads ,
    i,m a carefull driver and would prefer to watch the road for danger not be on the lookout for these robbing cameras.

frank.

10. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Its just another way of taking more money off the motorist especially where that camera is i would love to know just how people they have caught .

paul.

11. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

you can put a freedom of information request in and they have to tell you by law.
    loads of cameras gone in around leeds for bus lanes and the like and someone put a request in ,it was on local tv.
    the council has made 1.2 million in the eight months since the cameras went on .
    disgracefull.

12. jethro

jethro New Member

At least the councillors will have a nice Christmas bash though Frank, and they may spend some of the money taken to sort out the Giratory once and for all..(Yeah right) Nowt but robbing b*****ds if you ask me.

13. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

frank they must have nailed hundreds would be interesting to see just how many, you couldnt have put that trap in a better place you are coming down hill from a 60mph straight to a 30mph pennys from heaven shocking the van was litterally hidden.

paul.

14. jethro

jethro New Member

I might just that frank they must have nailed hundreds would be interesting to see just how many you couldnt have put that trap in a better place you are coming down hill from a 60mph straight to a 30mph pennys from heaven shocking the van was litterally hidden.

paul.
    [/quote]

If I'm not mistaken Paul I think this is entrapment. I seem to remember that the police or the authorities have to give you clear vision of their intentions, in other words you have to be able to see them from a fair distance away and not hide behind trees and things like that. Perhaps someone could confirm this.

Jethro

15. woody

woody New Member

I got flashed one night coming back from holderness . I nearly crashed the bloody car it was that bright ........... 2yrs later still no letter through the post lol