1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best session in ages

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mad mick, Aug 7, 2018.

1. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

20180804_230325-1.jpg Saturday night i took the 1hour drive north west from my house to a rock mark which had a 1.5mile walk from where i parked the car.

Fishing was unreal with getting runs off fish and bites every cast or a fish. Only around 5 dogs where caught between the 3 of us but all the rest where bull huss.
    Which ment i caught my 1st ever huss and what a fish it was. 8lb plus then my next cast was into one again the next was abit smaller. All in all we dont no how many fish we had.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thanks for the report, I cant remember catching catching doggies for years. Are you allowed to eat huss or is it protected?

3. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice one bud where do you live ha ha well done

4. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I just put them back in the water. Say they are harder than dogs to skin. I moved from near sedgefield to near carlisle few year ago. Ive been told the runs we where getting where either from hounds or tope. Might hook one next time

5. Davo

Davo Rockling

Nice one Mick. Cracking fish that:)

• Like Like x 1