1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best pills for sea sickness?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Aidy B, May 14, 2012.

1. Aidy B

Aidy B Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I've got a couple of days booked to fish from Whitby in a few weeks. But if the weather continues as it is, and assuming we are able to even get out, there is a strong possability things could be a bit lumpy! With this in mind, and not wanting my breakfast to make a reappearance, I was wondering if anybody could advise on what sea / travel sickness pills they feel are the best?

Cheers

Aidy

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

stugeron

3. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

best way to cure seasickness is to sit under a tree :laugh: :laugh:

4. Stevie

Stevie Blenny

I use to take Sea legs or just have Jam sandwiches for breakfast. Taste the same coming up as going down :laugh: :laugh:

5. Teacuis

Teacuis Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Stergeron for me too, take em night before as well + no booze or greasy fry up.

Paul.

6. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Or theres always these http://www.lifejackets.co.uk/products/439/sea-sickness-glasses

7. pro angler

pro angler Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

The problem with stugeron can make you drowsy they are some called joy rides non drowsy which my son uses and they seem to work.

8. trev1968

trev1968 Blenny

i have ginger ether as a brew or ginger biscuits helps me and works on mydog as well trevel sick in the car

Regards Trev.

9. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

we also sell these in the shop.

the company say that if they dont work then customers can have their money back. so far we've sold over 25 pairs of these and have not had a single pair back.

http://www.whitbyanglingsupplies.com/Boarding-Ring-Anti-Motion-Sea-Sickness-Glasses

10. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

does anyone else think them glasses will make you look a prat and charging £50.00 to look one as well.
    i always found a good hearty breakfast and no beer the night before worked for me but seen plenty of anglers who if you gave them a gun they would shoot themselves as they felt that ill.

frank.

11. fishysteve

fishysteve North West Donkers

a good fry up in the morning works for me and take something to eat with you on the boat if you start to feel rough something to eat and a cup of tea often helps, dont take fizzy drinks though, if you are sick at least you have something to come up then as well

12. Andyk22

Andyk22 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i have posted on this subject beofre as i get sea sick in the bath!!! :embarrass:

i use sea legs the night before then again on the morning along with a full stomach (sounds mad i
    know but having an empty stomach always made me feel worse!!) and up till now no probs at all!

13. kwells are a good too

14. rizla

rizla Blenny

just an an article about the subject with tips on avoidance and possible relief from the condition. hope it helps. http://sailing.about.com/od/navigationseamanship/a/Seasicknessprevention.htm

15. Aidy B

Aidy B Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks gents

The sitting under a tree sounds the safest option, not much chance of catching though lol

Sounds like there are a few to choose from, but everybody seems to recommend a full stomach!
    Would never have thought that in a million years though, I thought you would just be asking to throw up!
    You guys know best though!

Aidy

16. congerball

congerball Blenny

I must admit when I saw them I thought WTF?! But then again haven't yet experienced sea sickness so I don't know what its like...if they work then fair play, get the goggles on.

17. MOTLLEY22

MOTLLEY22 New Member

Kwells for me, forgot them once last year and was sick on way out of harbour all the way to the wall for a full day and back. I wont forget them again.
    Mart

18. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

Reading up on it, it seems that a lot has to do with your mental state - nothing to do with being a loony - because fake medications (placebos) often work just as well as the real ones.
    If you think you're going to be sick without medication then you probably will be and if you think the medication stops you being sick and you forget to take it you will almost certainly convince yourself that you will be sick - and you will be!

That doesn't mean that medication doesn't work - there's plenty of clinical evidence to show that medication calms the digestive system down and controls motion sickness in many cases. I take Kwells and "usually" I'm OK, but not always. If you start yawning it can be an early sign, before you start to feel ill. Try to concentrate on fishing or have a conversation with someone. Worst thing you can do is sit down and think about being sick!

19. halfprice

halfprice Owt For Nowt

Will it be chemists who sell the tablets?
    Do some tackleshops sell sea sickness tablets or is it against the law = (drug)
    just wondering :butt: :butt: :butt:

20. rich123

rich123 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

15 PINTS NIGHT BEFOR