1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best fish and chips in whitby?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by maxwell, May 11, 2010.

1. maxwell

maxwell Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Can anybody tell me the best fish and chip shop in Whitby ? and is it just take away?, and also the location please.

2. bigcod2

bigcod2 Blenny

Maxwell

I think tha main ones are Magpie Cafe & Take-away or Quayside (Both next to the fish quay) and Mister Chip's (on church St.). There are other and to be honest if you are travelling from inland, most of them will be nice.

I am sure other people will post on here about other shops which they recommend.

3. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

cant beat riverside imo.

the magpie takeaway chips taste like they are frozen - very dry indeed

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. steveevo

steveevo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

the chippy opposite the pontoon, very nice indeed, i use to like terrys on the corner but have gone down hill

5. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

The one next to the tackle shop ,spot on, dont be a sheep and follow everyone to the magpie, not the best in my humble opinion :wink:

6. Howard

Howard Blenny

Inghams @ Filey its not in Whitby sorry but the best for me.

7. Stevie

Stevie Blenny

The Magpie is over rated. Plenty of others around and cheaper.

8. seaurchinmick

seaurchinmick New Member

If you have to Que on a wet Wednesday that's a good chippy Mr chips for me, always have to wait for your order perfect nothing drying out on the hot plate

9. langy

langy Rockling

is this the one next to rod and reels H ?

10. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

ohh my there crap best in filey is dicky bee`s, but goiing back to whitby i like the one on the south side of the river nr rods and reelsnice bit of hoki and baramundi

11. Howard

Howard Blenny

Dicky bees it is then next time im in town M8!

12. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

My personal one is mr chips not to greasy i have allways likeed them i have know adrian who owns mr chips for many years and he takes a pride in there quality but not only is his fish and chips good but mr chips has been our longest sponsor giveing the WCSA £500 every year sponsoring the late summer festival when i approached adrian many years ago for sponsorship he didnt hesite offering sponsorship as he knows the lads spend a lot of money in his chippy and he knows gieving something back it works both ways and is good for the town my is mouth is bleeding watering now but its only breakfast time so i will go and get a bowl of cerial.

paul.

13. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Thats the one langy ,spot on chippy best in whitby :hungry:

14. pmac

pmac Blenny

silver street fish shop :hungry: :yes:
    better and cheaper.

15. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

havent had them from there in years .

paul.

16. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Railway Chippy Fishburn road. Cheaper than all the rest and fish is cooked fresh loads of chips to many to eat. Chips aren't always brill but £3.80 Fish and chips is the best I have found and the lad in there is a smashing lad.

17. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Mr Chips and riverside

18. rizla

rizla Blenny

they're all pretty good. for me the best value for sit in is hadley's on the corner of church street@ about £7-50 which includes a pot of tea and bread and butter. dan hit the nail on the head regarding the magpie and chips from their takeaway,i find them too dry too. silver street[second right if you're walking up flowergate] can be excellent,but you need to ckeck their opening times,they're open some lunchtimes and until 7-30 on some evenings.

19. deecee

deecee Blenny

Hadley's for me!

20. langy

langy Rockling

Very nice but very expensive :D