1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best catches for 2006

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by cod master, Jan 30, 2007.

1. cod master

cod master New Member

what where peoples best catches for 2006???

2. cod master

cod master New Member

i had 2
    my first cod 3lb
    [​IMG]

my 2 flatties won northan rock charity open
    [​IMG]

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

High cod master and welcome to the forum. I thought I noticed your name, your the young man from wsf north east who is mad keen on fishing. Some nice fish you have there, I remember reading about you catching them. Well done mate.

My best of 2006 was a cod of 10 pounds 4 ounces that I caught on 3rd of December - an early crimbo present.. I know some of the guys here caught some rather nice Tope, but I'll let them tell you about them.

4. cod master

cod master New Member

some people have to show off lol

5. Baramundi Bob

6. cod master

cod master New Member

so back on topic peoples best catches

7. smokey

smokey Rockling

No monsters for me,8 lb cod biggest,but most fun was boat caught bass on plugs, fantastic light tackle sport ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

8. cod master

cod master New Member

8 lb still a big fish

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

Bass on plugs ........me jealous noooooooo....been trying for a bass on plugs for a couple of years now to no success..... my mates now got a dory which i,m hoping to get out on abit in the summer to try for a few ,maybe around seaton area, we`ll` see though , as he likes his river trolling for pike n perch, any tips there smokes...?

10. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

hello little fella, my best of 2006 was in october 2006 from port mulgrave, a 9.5lb beauty.

[​IMG]

11. Baramundi Bob

Anyone else ?

12. Steve

Steve Rockling

best catch of 2006.
    26.5lb of whiting in 3hrs at brid north beach.
    2nd heaviest catch of season in brid club.
    beeten by a 28lb bag of tings on same night off brid north pier

13. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

4lb 12oz codling caught from sheepstones at beginning of march.was my last cast of night so baited hooks with 7 lug.

14. Baramundi Bob

Where is sheepstones Tim ?

15. Kelpster

Kelpster New Member

glen,sheepstones is a good high water mark.you park at mulgrave and walk north for about 7 mins.theres a path that brings you out just above the fishing mark.best to have a look in daylight.

16. Baramundi Bob

Cheers Mark,

I heard it mentioned before but wasn't sure where it was.

17. Kelpster

Kelpster New Member

i think you'll find that whacker pays it a visit from time to time glen

18. Baramundi Bob

He kept that a secret. I thought I knew his every move. ;D ;D :D He is someone I've observed since I started fishing. His knowledge is phenomenal and even at 65 he scuttles up the cliffs faster than anyone I know.

19. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

sheepstones is not too bad going down but a nightmare going back up.we normally use 2 cars glenn.we leave 1 on the front at staithes and go to port in the other.we fish at sheepstones then walk back to staithes fishing a few marks on the way.then we jump in the car left at staithes and go pick the 1 up from port.