1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bempton opening day.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jellyworm, Oct 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

With all the hype about the opening of the high cliffs I just had to go have a go up there. So caution thrown to the wind me and a mate decided on daft o'clock and so arrived at the car park for about 11pm on the 30th of Sept. By time we'd got sorted and walked to the marks it was nearly time. A brew later and we chucked in. Bites from start but difficult to hit.

Anyway fished from midnight of the glorious 1st till 4am and I had 6 biggest only 3lb and dropped half as many again on the lift.

Dug out was clear and fished mainly Grassbank and big Railings.

As a side note went back tonight in the gale blowing and three of us dropped onto Dugout.....only a day into the season up there and it was a disgrace ! Line all over, and cling film cart wraps all over the place, which were not there the day before ! As Ray said that it likely to be the demise of the fishing up there ! :sad:

2. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Well done on the fish Dave........We stepped into dugout as soon as the Filey lads left last night, didn't see any line bud but picked up a fair amount of clingfilm, defo agree with the litter, it doesn't take much to tidy................

3. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

The state of those spots .....someone said it was likely to be travelling anglers.....load of rubbish....pardon the pun ! I pulled in round one fish ....after getting it stuck half way up the cliff a big ball of crisp dry braid.....not out the water but off the cliff.....but the cart wrappings is terrible..........shame that lads can t look after what is a very unique place.....and one that access could be made very difficult if not looked after.....the twitchers don t like us being there at the best of times without fuelling their arguement....whoever was in that spot between 4 am and tonight and couldn t take home what they took up there, should be ashamed of the mess they left ! :sad:

4. robq

robq Rockling

Agreed Dave it was a disgrace :whatever:

You saw me pick up over a dozen bits of cart clingfilm wrappers from dugout tonight and put them in my own rubbish bag :whatever:

They weigh next to nowt so why dont anglers chuck em in carrier bag like some of us do and take em home :crazy:

Anyway 7 for me in total over the last few nights including a 5 and a 6 lber :yes: cheers for the pole assistance Ghillie :cheesy:

Puts me on 8 for the challenge :happy:

Best start to a season for me for a few years :embarrass:

5. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

sounds like the south gare, you might get tide fish, but i would have to be desperate for a coddie, to travel up there for a few fish, its a sorry scenario, half the w a n k e r s, who are s h i t t i n g the place up, probably read this website. the coonts who were fishing before the 1st, probably thought we'll get them all before law abayding citizens fish it on the 1st oct. tossers :yes:

6. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

fail to understand why some people just cant take home what they brought .bits of cling film ,you could put it in a plastic bag and it wouldnt weigh as much as a crisp packet.
    i also saw the comment on traveling anglers ,disgracefull comment without any proof,
    the thing is if everyone left crap around it would be like a pig sty in no time at all ,do these guys want to be sitting around in crap .
    good job theres people who are willing to clean up after these morons ,not that they should have to.
    hope the messy few dont get fishing banned for all up there or other places where the rubbish is a problem like macro on the humber where you dont have to walk far to find a rubbish bin but some still cant help the time to use them.

frank.

7. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

I can say 100% Mark when you stepped into Dugout on monday night when the Filey lads left that clingfilm would not be to do with them guaranteed, as one of them was using fresh crab and the other was sloping his cart on :yes:
    The problem with Bempton cliffs it is geting too much publicity at the moment and with being a easy to fish place people are desending on there.
    unfortunatley this place is a RSPB venue and gets used by them 365 days a year so they get to see whats goin on up there and wats being left up there by fellow anglers unlike if you went further down the cliffs to Flamboro you feel you are not being watched but still at the end of the day regardless were you are fishing you should take ALL your rubbish back home with you.
    At the end of the day ive nothing against people fishing up Bempton cliffs as i go up there myself when fishing our club matches.
    If Bempton cliffs does not get the respect it deserves it only a matter of time everybody will be stopped from fishing up there because the RSPB people are a very powerfull society.

8. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

there were a few off us on bempton on monday night and when we move spot we found the same thing cling film all over there was even a full trace with bits of bait on the hooks,
    so some anglers are just to lazy to clean up....

9. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

We never noticed much other than the clingfilm TBH, we didn't use any frozen cart parcels, we were using sloppy as well and frozen green. Just been talking to Deadly about this and we got up there a good 1.5hrs before the light faded on Monday and couldn't fish cos of the birds, we ended up setting up and chilling for over an hour, were hopefully up again tomorrow night so were gunna go up similar time as Monday, set up and have a bit of a cliff clean, not sure if we'll get chance to do all the way to Dyke end but definatly from path end to 'V's, probably nip into shop first to advertise the fact as well. I personally don't mind doing this every so often as I love fishing up there, it's probably my all time favourate place to fish and would hate to see it closed.

10. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Last year i went to Bempton to photograph the Gannets, i saw one hanging dead over the cliff edge i photographed it but decided against posting the picture :sad:

and it wasnt even during the open season for the fishermen,
    and there was crab carapace all over the place , the mess was terrible :sad:

11. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

it's not just people fishing it's all over the place. prime example marina car park Whitby the lads park in there cars on a night while chatting to each other which is not a problem but then also throw there take away packaging just on the floor and there is a bin only 30ft away scum. Not saying they all do it but it spoils it for the genuine lads among them.

12. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

The first thing a big well done Dave and Rob , It just makes me shake my head in disbelief the amount of rubbish so called anglers [ you cant really call them anglers] it just makes me sick the amount of litter they leave behind , they are a waste of space , horse whipping would be to good for them , it only takes a short while to have a tidy up so there is no excuses , a really sad point is YES some of them do come on the forum

13. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

i think it would be true to say that anglers days fishing from bempton rspb are numbered

14. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Been hearing that for years. Have you some official news on this ?

15. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

our old friends natural england are pushing to extend the current SPA (special protected area) out to sea at bempton,consultation takes place after christmas,RSPB are also pushing to have it made a marine conservation area.they also have big plans to develop the site to attract up to 60,000 yes 60,000 visitors a year,,not sure they will stand for the amount debris that current anglers are leaving, it seems odd to me that they have not stopped it yet,almost as though they actually dont have the power to stop you at the moment, :suspious: :suspious:

16. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

After all the recent press coverage they could attract more by not only advertising the Gannets but also the mad anglers ! :laugh:

17. robq

robq Rockling

All the more reason to look after the place then !! although I dont think anglers and the RSPB will ever be good allies :whatever:

I dont think that many anglers do politics but,If NA ever did try to enforce a no take zone on bempton I think that it would spark WW3 :surprise:

The place has too much angling history and heritage to lose !!

18. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

So this imminent ban on angling isnt quite what it seems then. Sounds about as believable as the phantom tyre slasher.

They've been consulting on MPA's and god knows what else for a long long time and I still dont think they are any further forward. Natural England are a bunch of idiots with their heads up their own ar$es. Hooray Henry college boys draining the public purse in times of austerity, so we wont take any crap from them.

And yes I think your right, I doubt very much that they have any powers to stop you fishing off the cliff edges anywhere in the country let alone Bempton cliffs.. World war 3 will commence the day they try.

In the mean time, instead of continually barking on about litter, why not do something positive about it ? Clean up the mess, take some photos and publicise your efforts to Bill Oddie and his mates. Show them that you care about the cliffs there, and the wildlife, and that you arent all litter louts after all. Anyone ever tasted Gannet ?

19. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

think i'll be leaving all that to the regulars genn,bemptons not my idea of fishing.must be the only spot you go fishing on a night and dont actually see the sea.LOl,then you have a bite,strike into thin air and cant tell if youve got a fish or how big it is till you get it to the bottom of the cliff,if you want to win matchs its a must but i cant understand why anyone would do it for pleasure

20. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Lucky dip :laugh: