1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bempton in the sun, yakking report

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by newdave, Jul 3, 2010.

1. newdave

newdave Guest

I allways try to take advantage of any good weather to get on the water, it gets a bit tough though when we get a great summer like this has been so far. 5:30 this morning and the sun was burning my eyeballs out so nothing else to do but get up make a cuppa & load up the yak :yes: with SW winds forecast its always a good bet to tucked in the lea of Bempton.
    Got afloat nice and early before the bucket & spade crowds arrived and set of looking for a decent Bass, after about an hour i suddenly got a massive lunge on the rod & had a struggle getting it out of the rod holder, but the initial excitement soon subsided when it became apparent it was a pollock :angry:, it did tip the scales at 6lb 8oz though so not a bad failure :happy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I worked hard up to lunch casting & trollling all my favourite spots, but other than a few more pollock of a smaller size, no joy.
    the water was amazingly clear, this is taken looking down in 8ft
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and is there anywhere better to take a lunch break ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    gave it another shot after lunch, but after getting as far as speeton I started to tire so headed out to find a few codlings, there were plenty but mostly o the mini variety.
    [​IMG]
    at this point the Moleman suddenly appeared, so we went back to the serious stuff
    [​IMG]
    interspursed with jigging breaks, managed a few take homers in the 3lb range & lots more small codling pollock & billets.
    after the long paddle back to the head, the molemans arse was sore so he took to the rocks or a bit of plugging.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    still no takers, so we cleaned our catch & got sorted for a quick escape through the tourists. back ashore or 6pm.
    knowing Marion had been working all day, I phoned home to find out what kind of takeaway she wanted for tea :wink:

A cold beer and a football match now, to ease a few aching muscles, please don't let it be light winds & sunshine in the morning :whistle:

2. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Great report and a great day afloat Dave. Shame about the bass but you will be rewarded soon I am sure.Those pics are belters.

3. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Well done lads. You could have waved when you past me Dave. Lol.

4. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Great report as usual Dave............that sea looks amazing........

5. robq

robq Rockling

Nice pics and great report as usual dave :cool:

I know they are a pain right now but those jellymops are a great sign for the coming season :yes:

Cracking pollack too, Is that one of those part plug and soft tail lures ?? they look pretty good

6. loz

loz Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Some crackin pics shame you wernt rewarded with a nice bass

7. newdave

newdave Guest

I I had realised it was you, I would have stopped the trafic to let you out John, shiney new yak, Bill must be paying you too much :laugh:

plain old husky jerk deep, pollock luv em :yes:

8. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Where was the new yak? On your car maybe. I got a new paint brush that's it. And Dave can you keep your speed down when going through a villages. Lol.

9. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i've no real intrest in kayacks- (too bloody flimsy for my likeing) but those pics are first class

10. NICKB

NICKB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice post as usual Dave. Wish I could be disappointed with a Pollock like that!!!!!!

11. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice report Dave, really does look a lovely place down there. REALLY must get myself down there at some point to take in the views and a few of those Bass and Pollock :yes:

12. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

great report dave. shame there was no silvers for you.

it is a stunning part of the coast your fishing on

13. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Had a date with some free beer on Friday so missed your early morning calls :whistle: :ugly: See the "pesky huskey" did it again! Very good of you spending so much time with the molester on his "floating therapy couch" :sick: after his rondevous with proffessor glassback on fri night :cry:

14. Dav

Dav Rockling

Another great report Dave . cheers .....Doesnt that water look inviting....

15. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Good pics Dave

I've been to a few marks around the country but no where beats our patch, for scenery and fish :yes:

16. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello, super report and photos.....I love the pollack with the plug...top post
    Regards Ian